• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2011-12

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Going going up, going up, going going up!!!!!

EDIT: bloody hell, went through about four pubs trying to find the game on tonight, but they couldn't sort out the red ****ing button for us. Well done to Sheff Utd., good sportsmanship. And the best thing, Smithies is a Golcar lad, played cricket at the club I was at last year, and everyone loves him and couldn't say a bad word about him. Had a massive injury last year, and has come back with cherry on top. What a legend.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Can't believe I didn't get to watch that in a public house. Would have been bloody awesome.

However, watching it at home did reduce the chances of me having my lights punched out by someone out and about.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ah I read your last post and assumed you'd had to rely on commentary

Glad to have Sheff U next season anyway, bring a great following

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Always had a bit of second hand resentment for t'Blades. A lot of mates are Ipswich fans and they had a habit of beating Town in play-offs back in the day.

Plus they were effectively a northern Wimbledon during their Prem sojourn.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Tears all gone now? :p
To be fair, wasn't saying that we'd been robbed or anything. Just that after about 18 pens, thought the game could be over by then? Was going to kill me...

Ah I read your last post and assumed you'd had to rely on commentary

Glad to have Sheff U next season anyway, bring a great following
Got home for extra time, but the bloody pubs I went to... *grrrr*

And agree with your sentiments about Sheff Utd, plenty have been big wraps for the two Sheff sides in behaviour and contingents.

Except when Wednesday charged extra for us for some away tickets, because they knew we'd have a good contingent. Pricks. Haha.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah I've never liked them much. Had some horrible games against them back when we were a solid Championship (in new money) side

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Always had a bit of second hand resentment for t'Blades. A lot of mates are Ipswich fans and they had a habit of beating Town in play-offs back in the day.

Plus they were effectively a northern Wimbledon during their Prem sojourn.
Having a habit of beating Town in the playoffs?

In other words, they played Town in playoffs? :dry:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
To be fair, wasn't saying that we'd been robbed or anything. Just that after about 18 pens, thought the game could be over by then? Was going to kill me...

Got home for extra time, but the bloody pubs I went to... *grrrr*

And agree with your sentiments about Sheff Utd, plenty have been big wraps for the two Sheff sides in behaviour and contingents.

Except when Wednesday charged extra for us for some away tickets, because they knew we'd have a good contingent. Pricks. Haha.
Yeah it's a weird one when you read my post above but they are a club I like having in the same division. Could say the same of Leeds and Leicester too, neither of whom I have any love for but loved having them here.

And also I'm rooting for Crewe tomorrow which makes me feel dirty but god I love going there

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Having a habit of beating Town in the playoffs?

In other words, they played Town in playoffs? :dry:
Ipswich Town, I mean, tbf.

They have/had a dire play off record. If I ever want to be a prick I always mention what a great thing I think play-offs are when anyone with Ipswich connexions is out with us.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ours must be one of the worst. Think Ipswich took the record off us as team who had played in the most play-offs. This was mid-90s though when they were less than a decade old and we had been in 5 (1 win, 1 final defeat, 3 semi defeats). Since then we've been in one which obviously we lost the semis, having finished 3rd and been the only team outside the op 2 in the promotion race.

****ing play-offs :@

#NotBitter

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Didn't Ispwich go through a period in the mid-late 90s of repeatedly choking automatic promotion followed by jibbing the play-offs?