• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Got to love their arrogance insisting that they won't pay more than £30m for Cesc, get ****ed you ****s. If Yaya Toure is going to City for £27m we'll be taking a great deal more than that for one of the best midfielders on the continent thanks.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Arsenal now expected to sign Koscielny by the end of the week, possibly in the next 24 hours, for around £10m.

And Moratti has confirmed that United have made an approach for dear Wesley. So much about that makes no sense and just won't happen, but I'm going to allow myself an indulgent moment of hope. Ok, I'm done.
Laurent Koscielny completes move to Arsenal | News Archive | News | Arsenal.com
People have been saying "it'll be anounced in the next 24hours" since Saturday. So nice to wrap it up.

Whilst I envy you for the Wesley stories, I have it on good authority that duffer had to change his boxers on sight of this. Despite the fact it's on goal.com :sleep:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Laurent Koscielny completes move to Arsenal | News Archive | News | Arsenal.com
People have been saying "it'll be anounced in the next 24hours" since Saturday. So nice to wrap it up.

Whilst I envy you for the Wesley stories, I have it on good authority that duffer had to change his boxers on sight of this. Despite the fact it's on goal.com :sleep:
I saw this as well. In a sense I hope it's true, but in another I really hope not (basically, if Cesc goes, let's go for him, if he stays, I'd rather we didn't bother, as the last thing we need is another midfielder who's good on the ball and can pass it around nicely but adds little in defence). Such a gun though, I just really hope he doesn't end up at somewhere like Man Utd or Liverpool, as I would rather not have to start hating him.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Ha ha yeah I saw that one too, but considered it so beyond the realms of any possibility that I didn't bother mentioning it. :p

Jarquis

Got no issues with us signing him, as long as we get another center back and a goalkeeper as well. Would rather a backup for Song as well. If that happens it'll be our best transfer window ever tbh.
You're right in saying, positionally, he's the last player we need. But in terms of quality, he's exactly the sort of player we should be going after.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
BBC Sport - Football - Barcelona fail to pay player wages for June

Maybe some good news for Arsenal in their quest to keep Cesc with the news that Barcelona failed to pay the players wages for June and have some financial problems.

Still can't get my around the statement from the new chairman that they are going to release 50 million euros + any transfers recieved for new signings yet can't pay the day to day bills :huh:

Looks like financial mismanagement in football isn't just restricted to England.
Be interesting to see how UEFA react to that story, Barcelona being far and away their favourites and all that.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Got no issues with us signing him, as long as we get another center back and a goalkeeper as well. Would rather a backup for Song as well. If that happens it'll be our best transfer window ever tbh.
You're right in saying, positionally, he's the last player we need. But in terms of quality, he's exactly the sort of player we should be going after.
Yeah probably true enough, like you say though, other positions have to be the priority. Reckon we still need another striker, the combination of Van Persie (great but can guarantee he will miss 60% of the season), Eduardo (you've not got it anymore son), Bendtner (not very good), Chamakh (unproven and potentially the next Adebayor) and Vela (looks promising but also another small player with lots of pace and skill but no muscle) isn't exactly the best looking lineup we could ever hope for.

Oh and for mine, the best transfer window for Arsenal in my experience would have to be the time Pires, Wiltord and Lauren all signed. That was a truly epic time.

Jarquis

Yeah probably true enough, like you say though, other positions have to be the priority. Reckon we still need another striker, the combination of Van Persie (great but can guarantee he will miss 60% of the season), Eduardo (you've not got it anymore son), Bendtner (not very good), Chamakh (unproven and potentially the next Adebayor) and Vela (looks promising but also another small player with lots of pace and skill but no muscle) isn't exactly the best looking lineup we could ever hope for.

Oh and for mine, the best transfer window for Arsenal in my experience would have to be the time Pires, Wiltord and Lauren all signed. That was a truly epic time.
Yeah, we'll only see another striker come in if Eduardo goes IMO. You're harsh on Bendtner though :p
I think that those lot would struggle to miss with Arshavin, Cesc, Ozil and Nasri laying it on a plate for them every 2 minutes.

The season you mention was awesome, but think about what I was saying we could have.
A keeper, 2 center backs, a defensive midfielder, Ozil (and a striker?). As well as getting rid of Sylvestre.
That's like all the improvements people have said we've needed over the last 3 years and offloading the biggest piece of deadwood ever.

Oh and.. http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...zing-admin-error-Exclusive-article517849.html lol.

Last edited:

duffer

Apparently Joe Cole to Arsenal is done and dusted. Expect it soonish pending a medical. Staying London was the major motivation for him it was said.

Jarquis

Apparently Joe Cole to Arsenal is done and dusted. Expect it soonish pending a medical. Staying London was the major motivation for him it was said.
Interesting, we seemed to have fallen out of the race with Liverpool and Spurts still chasing. Will sit tight and wait.

Jarquis

Arsene Wenger said:
"Arsenal fans, keep on supporting Arsenal, another invincible team is on the way."
Apparently Schwarzer is on his way, failed first medical but pased his second.

Craig

World Traveller
BBC Sport - Football - Barcelona fail to pay player wages for June

Maybe some good news for Arsenal in their quest to keep Cesc with the news that Barcelona failed to pay the players wages for June and have some financial problems.

Still can't get my around the statement from the new chairman that they are going to release 50 million euros + any transfers recieved for new signings yet can't pay the day to day bills :huh:

Looks like financial mismanagement in football isn't just restricted to England.
The overall debt levels in Spanish football are around the 3.2b euro mark according to an article I read recently. I posted the link a while back. That can't be sustainable or even true to some degree, because why the **** didn't Tenerife go bankrupt when they got relegated.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The overall debt levels in Spanish football are around the 3.2b euro mark according to an article I read recently. I posted the link a while back. That can't be sustainable or even true to some degree, because why the **** didn't Tenerife go bankrupt when they got relegated.
This is why I pointed out that La Liga is in poor shape (despite having some fantastic players) in the "Is the English Premier League the best in the world?" thread. It seems club football as a whole is a bloated, financially unsustainable mess.

Jarquis

Is just a knee problem that he has, was assessed by an independant doctor who said he was fine.
We're stalling as we're still eyeing up Eduardo supposedly.

Matteh

Is just a knee problem that he has, was assessed by an independant doctor who said he was fine.
We're stalling as we're still eyeing up Eduardo supposedly.
'This smudge here that looks like my fingerprint, nooo, that's trauma!'