• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
**** me dead, David Moyes' newest effort is ****ing ridiculous. Yeah we've wasted 6 weeks not looking for a centre-back in a secret ploy to unsettle Everton before the start of the season. You ****ing dumb**** ****.

We've bid twice ffs and haven't bid for over two weeks, why the **** is he still raving like a semi-******** infant.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whingeur doesn't allow most of the English talent to come through or develop properly. They don't get the same opportunities. The thing with English players being overpriced... well that works both ways - you can also *sell* those players for more.

As for going to other clubs - he'd not last long at the top teams. Whingeur has as long as he likes at the CDMs, I mean he's been busy winning nothing for a while now.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
It's not Wenger's job to create English talent for the English national team. I find that criticism irrelevant to say the least.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's not Wenger's job to create English talent for the English national team. I find that criticism irrelevant to say the least.
Finally something we agree on, I find argument that he "neglects" the British talent he does have spurious to say the least as well.

Craig

World Traveller
Reports in Italy are claiming that Sneider is on his way to Inter for about 19 million Euros - £16m or so. Craigos to be happy with that, I would have thought.
But his agent has refuted such talk. Will be great if it happens, but we have to get rid of plenty of dead wood in the team.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Would help if he actually ever bought English talent tbf.
His record is mixed tstl. Only real English successes he's brought in are Campbell and Walcott (although jury still out on the latter). Spent big on Jeffers & Wright and both weren't of the requisite class.

Whingeur doesn't allow most of the English talent to come through or develop properly. They don't get the same opportunities. The thing with English players being overpriced... well that works both ways - you can also *sell* those players for more.

As for going to other clubs - he'd not last long at the top teams. Whingeur has as long as he likes at the CDMs, I mean he's been busy winning nothing for a while now.
What English talent? If players are good enough they'll make it, if not they'll get punted. Cole made it and would still be playing for us now if he wasn't such a greedy little client.

&, obviously the resale value is the first thing a manager considers when he buys an overpriced player.

Bryan Gunn sacked by Norwich. First casualty of the season I think.
Disappointed you didn't go for the "Gunn gets the bullet" pun, tbh.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
A Sobering Thought
Can I just remind everyone of something before they dust down the bunting in time for next year. If we win the 2010 world cup, Ashley Cole will probably get knighted. I'm sorry but that changes everything.
Andy W, Leeds
Hahahaha.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Really looking forward to Chavs/Hull. Finally past all the pre-season BS and into the real thing.

Find myself rooting for Chelsea, which surely can't be right. Used to be well-disposed towards the Tigers. Brown really is that big a **** tho.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Really looking forward to Chavs/Hull. Finally past all the pre-season BS and into the real thing.

Find myself rooting for Chelsea, which surely can't be right. Used to be well-disposed towards the Tigers. Brown really is that big a **** tho.
yeah, I've grown to dislike them as well, Phil Browns face has began to look more and more like Hull's kit over time as well, all orange with a black stripe through the middle.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What English talent? If players are good enough they'll make it, if not they'll get punted. Cole made it and would still be playing for us now if he wasn't such a greedy little client.

&, obviously the resale value is the first thing a manager considers when he buys an overpriced player.
And Whingeur does everything to allow his foreign players to emerge and develop. If they're English they haven't got a prayer unless they're first XI material.

Resale value is clearly what Whingeur thinks about because he buys a team of mercenaries who'll inevitably get sold on - well unless they're happy with being regular also rans. It is pretty obvious the CDMs first priority is profit, they've not shown much ambition to actually win anything.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
And Whingeur does everything to allow his foreign players to emerge and develop. If they're English they haven't got a prayer unless they're first XI material.

Resale value is clearly what Whingeur thinks about because he buys a team of mercenaries who'll inevitably get sold on - well unless they're happy with being regular also rans. It is pretty obvious the CDMs first priority is profit, they've not shown much ambition to actually win anything.
You are just trolling here, aren't you? You can't be so simple that you actually believe that, surely? Our reserve squad is about 70% English.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ha, Drogba serves up an early contender for miss of the season. Unmarked and about three yards out and doesn't even hit the target.

Stephen Hunt continues his Chelsea charm offensive too; goes through Arbuckle thigh-high.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
So all those English in the reserve squad. How many are allowed to develop into first team players?
Precisely as many as merit it. Wilshere and Gibbs will both feature at some point and there's a sporting chance Lansbury might too.

How many of the English players Wenger has sold would he regret? Cole and maybe Upson at a big stretch. Wenger certainly never wanted to get shot of the former in any event.