• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surprised to see that isn't there a separate La Liga and Champions League thread here. I reckon I should start one.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Surprised to see that isn't there a separate La Liga and Champions League thread here. I reckon I should start one.
We've always just thrown them in the same thread, the name is just incidental really, we often talk about Internationals in here too:)

Perhaps the next one should be called summat else! but the problem is if you have a different thread for each, it could be a bit of a multitude. serie a? bundesliga? whatever league Vime's teams play in?

Last edited:

chalky

International Debutant
Draw for us, Gillingham beaten, draw for the Cornish

FA Hearing for Hartlepool Monday

Stockport look to have given up which is good news. We could be relegated next Saturday but I fancy that we won't
A 3 point deduction wouldn't be too bad for us as we are 6 points outside relegation with a much better goal difference & with 2 games left which we could get points from. Expect you lot to beat Stockport last game so the big fixture is your home game with Millwall next week.

If we get more than 3 points deducted then officially ****ting myself.

Last edited:

grecian

A 3 point deduction wouldn't be too bad for us as we are 6 points outside relegation with a much better goal difference & with 2 games left which we could get points from. Expect you lot to beat Stockport last game so the big fixture is your home game with Millwall next week.

If we get more than 3 points deducted then officially ****ting myself.
Hmm, it's a bizarre situation for us really. If you don't get a points reduction then you've effectively got nothing to play for on Saturday, with the plastic scousers having a joke G-D, to go with their team and town TBH. So I would be quite happy if you were let off with a slap on the wrist, I'd also be quite happy if they took 12 points off you though :p

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hmm, it's a bizarre situation for us really. If you don't get a points reduction then you've effectively got nothing to play for on Saturday, with the plastic scousers having a joke G-D, to go with their team and town TBH. So I would be quite happy if you were let off with a slap on the wrist, I'd also be quite happy if they took 12 points off you though :p
Ignoring your recycled jibes (:p) I have to agree that our goal difference is a disgrace. At one point this season we had the worst in the country, thankfully we started defending occasionally, sacked John Barnes and Stockport gave up on football but it's basically a point to the teams around us. It's why it was quite galling to see us blow 6 or 7 chances against the team we played last week (can't remember who it was, some non-leagueesque outfit wearing a Southampton kit), we really should have won that game 8 or 9-1.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Officially safe now.

Looks like a 3 way race, from a CW POV lets hope Gills go down, but looking at the fixtures, they are probably the ones i'd back to stay up from the 3..

Uppercut

And United fans wonder why everyone hates their club :wacko:
No we don't. We all know it's cos we're successful :cool:.

I'm not speaking for myself here, it's just true of a lot of United fans. They never took Citeh seriously before, and now they're a bit richer and a bit better but they're still not good enough to warrant much extra hate.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

I'm not speaking for myself here, it's just true of a lot of United fans. They never took Citeh seriously before, and now they're a bit richer and a bit better but they're still not good enough to warrant much extra hate.
We had this argument earlier in the season and I won :p

United are not hated because they're successful, they're hated because they're United

I love hating United

Except when they win the league. Have enjoyed hating them about seven out of the nineteen years I've been watching footy :@

Pothas

Thought it was already established that this was not true:)

Everyone still hates Leeds afterall.

Anyway big goal that for Villa, maybe still got a chance at 4th.

Not watching but apparently a dodgy penalty.

Uppercut

No you didn't. You never win!

Being able to not take your local rivals seriously is a perk to being a fan of the club next to Citeh.

Uppercut

I see quite a lot of sympathy for Leeds these days actually. But not from people who are fans of clubs that still play against them regularly.

I don't know if Leeds-hatred even has much to do with the football team though, always presumed it was similar to Millwall-hatred.