• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Disagree, if you'd followed the entire saga since last season you'd understand why Arsenal fans are pleased to see the back of him.
Arsene Wenger took him from a substitute in the French League and turned him into a 30 goal EPL striker. He repayed this by openly flirting with Milan and throwing his toys out of the pram. We chucked a bit of extra cash at him and he did bugger all. Had a poor season, didn't work hard for the team, criticised the fans and whinged a bit more.
We won't miss him all that much and the cash we get from selling him will be used to make the team much stronger.
Sums up my thoughts entirely.

It's easy to forget, that really, Adebayor has done very little to suggest that he is anything more than a fairly ordinary player who had one good season. Sure the attributes are all there, he's a big powerful guy who can turn it on when he wants to, but really he's got no right to start behaving like he did and has done in the past, at least Thierry Henry had justified his poor attitude at times, and at least Henry never openly mouthed off the fans and threw a strop about wanting to leave.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's not the problem, I never said he was, but he's not pulling enough weight to make it worth the effort of keeping him, if someone puts good money on the table for him then I would happily be rid of him, problem or not. And yes, as has already been mentioned, a hard man in the midfield is indeed whats needed.

Edit: and although I can't speak for anyone else, I definitely am not taking my frustrations on him for no trophys, though indeed better performances from him would have increased the chances of winning one.
The part you have edited in is exactly how I feel.
Ever since the Milan saga his heart hasn't been in it, the effort hasn't been there.
The largest figure he's rumoured to be earning at City is 170k a week, that's a ridiculous amount of money and that sure as hell will make Ade' happier than the fact he's leaving Arsenal / joining City.

Also bizarre how apparently the largest bid Milan made last year was £24m and despite an awful season he's apparently worth £1m more.

Jarquis

Sums up my thoughts entirely.

It's easy to forget, that really, Adebayor has done very little to suggest that he is anything more than a fairly ordinary player who had one good season. Sure the attributes are all there, he's a big powerful guy who can turn it on when he wants to, but really he's got no right to start behaving like he did and has done in the past, at least Thierry Henry had justified his poor attitude at times, and at least Henry never openly mouthed off the fans and threw a strop about wanting to leave.
Exactly, Adebayor was well on his way to 100 Arsenal goals but all through his career he's had purple patches of form surrounded by distinct averageness. Even from his early days at Arsenal he showed the promise of being a potent goal scorer but at the same time he was wasteful of opportunitites. He blew hot and cold constantly and quite frequently you could see this throughout the duration of a match. A moment of brilliance followed by missing a sitter 10 minutes later.
Adebayor is not a world class player, there are so many better strikers it's untrue although after his performance last season he seems to rate himself a little too highly. I get the impression he feels he is worth every penny of the rumoured 170k a week.

Henry was a class above Adebayor both on and off the field.
In fact Ade' would've probably been a better player had he managed to have become half the player Henry was for us.

fredfertang

Oh? Has wee Franny slighted the Royals in some way? Or is his general arseitude that offends?
Oh Christ that thought hadn't occurred to me - I was just posting out of blind prejudice against a total **** - I do hope Brendan Rogers doesn't know the bloke - there's bound to be some prat out there who will see him as a natural replacement for Kevin Doyle

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He's not the problem, I never said he was, but he's not pulling enough weight to make it worth the effort of keeping him, if someone puts good money on the table for him then I would happily be rid of him, problem or not. And yes, as has already been mentioned, a hard man in the midfield is indeed whats needed.

Edit: and although I can't speak for anyone else, I definitely am not taking my frustrations on him for no trophys, though indeed better performances from him would have increased the chances of winning one.
Jeez, the general standard of written and spoken English is really poor on this forum

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I am leaving CW

As I am soon to be banned, I would like to flounce out of CW. here are my thoughts:

Citeh fans - gun
Exeter fans - guns
Arsenal fans - yeah, you lot are alright
Man U fans - go **** yourselves

fredfertang

Do you actually live around Reading at the moment, I have a house there for when I am at Uni, been meaning to go to a few Royals matches but not quite got round to it yet, not been for several seasons now.
indeed I do - about 25 metres away from the Uni that brought me here in the first place