• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2007-08

luffy

International Captain
Liverpool have agreed a £26.5 million deal with Atletico Madrid for Torres with Luis Garcia going the other way for £4.5 million.

Liverpool are also after Heinze but Real Madrid are ready to offer Manchester United £6 million for him.

Manchester United are after Michael Owen for £3-4 million plus Alan Smith.

Craig

World Traveller
Right a tad over priced.
Well when you consider that he has been gun for Villarreal, then probably not. Actually I rated him during his time at MU, when he was play regularly and playing up to 90 minutes, he actually started to play well and get some confidence and scored goals. It was when he got scredwed around and had to play as a sub or not play at all, then clearly that affected his confidence. And it is hard to be consistently bang in goals if your coming on in the last 15 minutes or so of a game.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hmm. The £7.5m quoted sounds an awful lot more realistic. Only seem him play twice & he's scored both times. Showed good technique for the goal he scored for yer Croats against England. There's always the chance he won't adjust to the English game, but I'm a lot more excited about him than Martins.

Craig

World Traveller
Hmm. The £7.5m quoted sounds an awful lot more realistic. Only seem him play twice & he's scored both times. Showed good technique for the goal he scored for yer Croats against England. There's always the chance he won't adjust to the English game, but I'm a lot more excited about him than Martins.
The name Mateja Kezman must ring a bell then? Clearly Chelsea's tatics never suited him and now last time I checked he is playing for Galastaray (sp?) :mellow:

Blackburn sign Maceo Rigters from NAC Breda (Story)

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Liverpool have agreed a £26.5 million deal with Atletico Madrid for Torres with Luis Garcia going the other way for £4.5 million.

Liverpool are also after Heinze but Real Madrid are ready to offer Manchester United £6 million for him.

Manchester United are after Michael Owen for £3-4 million plus Alan Smith.
Or £2 million without Alan Smith.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
see torres passed his medical at liverpool so its a pretty much done deal.....26.5million
garcia gone
cisse gone

and i believe they are after gabrielle hienze but he would struggle to leave man utd wouldnt he.

Craig

World Traveller
If Michael Owen ended up at MU, any tips at what will get thrown at him by the chavs at Anfield? I'll say they would throw some coins down, have to admire their effort though when it is some of their dole money.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
see torres passed his medical at liverpool so its a pretty much done deal.....26.5million
garcia gone
cisse gone

and i believe they are after gabrielle hienze but he would struggle to leave man utd wouldnt he.
Yeah he would but he could go if the right team made an offer. It'd be terribly difficult for Liverpool to convince Man Utd to let him go though unless they paid over his value which is around 7-8 mil IMO. If he'd had the chance to make more of an impact last season that value could easily be 10 mil.

roseboy64

If Michael Owen ended up at MU, any tips at what will get thrown at him by the chavs at Anfield? I'll say they would throw some coins down, have to admire their effort though when it is some of their dole money.
Who knows what they'll throw. Couple of kids maybe?

roseboy64

Interested to see how Torres goes TBH. That's quite a lot to pay for someone unproven in the English game. Better Liverpool than us IMO. They have a bit more quality than Atletico so we'll see how the he'll score more with better players argument goes.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Transfer market around Europe looking really hot. If United can get Tevez it will complete a superb summer of signing & with Madrid getting Chivu from Roma it seems that Heinze will be staying.

Chelsea possible signing of Malouda hopefully is to strenghten their squad & not to sell Robben since looking at it on a football perspective i'd be furious if the premiership lost Henry & Robben to La Liga.

Liverpool also buidling too powerfully for my liking, word is they want a wingers with Quaresma of Gamst Pedersen possible opitions if that becomes a reality i won't be too happy since it will make United work a bit tougher this season & hurt Pennant's chances of breaking into the national side.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just heard Sol Campbell has said he's desperate to go back to his old club T*ttenham.

Apparently he's heard their strikers are Bent & Keane. :ph34r: