• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2006-07

Langeveldt

Soutie
Uh, whats the deal with this female commentator on Radio Five? I'm all for equal opportunity, but don't like someone shrieking at me.. Why can't they get one of them two-way semi women

Resha

School Boy/Girl Captain
Not favouring our chances since it's MU. At Old Trafford. Possibly without Henry and van Persie. MU will probably be without Giggs. Luckily Toure's back, though. Gaaah. If Arsenal do manage to pull it off (and here I'm banking heavily on Rosicky's ability to score amazing goals from outside the box)...then I'll be one very very very veyr veyr evyerveyeveyeveyevery happy little person. Because there'd be no better way to start winning in the League~ :D

EDIT: Aicks, not thrown away yet~ It's still 2 - 1 so far as I can see. Unless your broadcast is ahead of mine o_O

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can I just say WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE ARRRRMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYY

That Ronnie Moore curse eh SKD? The Whites are Goin Up!!!!

We'll go top on Saturday when we destroy Forest, 6 or 7 nil I would imagine

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
I was at the Everton game today, one of my twice-yearly visits, and liked what I saw. Yes, two defensive lapses cost us three points, but we played some good stuff on the deck. Johnson must surely be pushing ahead of Defoe in the England ladder by sheer performance. Kirkland made some decent saves for Wigan, but he should have been sent off within the first twenty minutes anyway, for some hot-headed punches aimed at Cahill.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jungle Jumbo said:
Johnson must surely be pushing ahead of Defoe in the England ladder by sheer performance.
Johnson and Zamora will start the next England match. Meant as a joke, but i could see this happening oddly.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Jungle Jumbo said:
I was at the Everton game today, one of my twice-yearly visits, and liked what I saw. Yes, two defensive lapses cost us three points, but we played some good stuff on the deck. Johnson must surely be pushing ahead of Defoe in the England ladder by sheer performance. Kirkland made some decent saves for Wigan, but he should have been sent off within the first twenty minutes anyway, for some hot-headed punches aimed at Cahill.
He should be rewarded, not punished for that. Never forgiven the smarmy expletive for his tumble in the box for Millwall, when Ryan Taylor's fingernail caught his shirt. They missed the penalty anyway, but it's the principle

Matteh

GeraintIsMyHero said:
He should be rewarded, not punished for that. Never forgiven the smarmy expletive for his tumble in the box for Millwall, when Ryan Taylor's fingernail caught his shirt. They missed the penalty anyway, but it's the principle
Aus v Japan 2006. Things have evened out.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
I think, to be fair, he was the outstanding candidate in wee Joe's absence, but after seeing him play there he looks to be a little short of the requisite quality at the highest level. Although I can't in good faith really call Andorra or even Macedonia "the highest level"...

He may develop, of course, as he's only a boy really.
Yea he has a lot of time to develop, i think even though he wont start much there once Cole is fit i think McClaren should consider Bridge on left/mid-field sometimes. He is one superb talent that is going to waste for England & Club these days..

Matteh

Well he's not better than the Coles. So he should probably think about moving clubs for a start....

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Lua Lua, Lua Lua,
Lua Lua, Lua Lua,
Lua Lua, Lua Lua,
Lua Lua, Lua Lua

Top of the frigging league, again! :D Come on Arsenal and Liverpool. :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
i think McClaren should consider Bridge on left/mid-field sometimes. He is one superb talent that is going to waste for England & Club these days..
He doesn't play the position for the club.

He won't be getting much first team football till January at least.

Why on earth would McLaren do that?