• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread 2010

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
What were Lancashire doing with him for four years? This is only his seventh match.
Dicking him about, as they do with pretty much all our promising youngsters that come through, its not like he didn't have predigree (played for England U-19's for a fair while). We offered him a new deal, but basically told him he'd probably be knocking around the seconds all season with maybe a few OD or T20 games. Notts said he'd have opportunities in FC cricket, don't blame him at all for going there.

stumpski

International Captain
Ramprakash currently averaging 113 against his old county - never been short of motivation there, it seems.

stumpski

International Captain
Key on the verge of carrying his bat with Ntini in and struggling to lay a bat on one - heroic performance from him today. 252* out of a total of 411-8.

Plenty of runs from Worcs too, 364-3 and Zimbabwe-born batsman James Cameron making a first-class debut at 24. Probably not the next Hick, I suspect.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Never rated him as a test class batsman but on his day Rob Key is one hell of a good player.

Autobahn

State 12th Man
Was at trent bridge today and was in two minds about Nottingham's performance.

Whilst it was good to see Notts recover out of a massive hole and even with their backs against the wall keep up the positive strokeplay. It's annoying that not only have the openers failed again, the batting still looks very suspect. Plus Andre Adams needs a slap from Read for throwing away his wicket.

Though i will say in their defence they were missing Wagh and Hussey and it was a tricky pitch by all accounts.

It just worries me about Notts' ability to put big totals on the board and not have to spend each match being bailed out by the overseas pro/lower order. Maybe sorting out that opening pair will help things.

Plus i don't know how many of you have seen Neil Edwards bat but his whole batting style (stance, agression etc) is a dead ringer for Trescothick.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol, Yorkshire didnt even make 300 this time
Getting frustrating this negative cricket.I could understand it in the first couple of games as many had tipped us to go down and getting a solid base and making sure you don't lose was important but they should be a little more attacking now they have almost secured their survival already.Reminds me of the South African side of the 90's,make sure you can't lose first then hope you can win later.