• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
It's pretty depressing watching Anderson bowling at the moment - down on pace (slower than Corky), no movement, spraying it, getting carted around by Richard Dawson.
yep thats true, he only has i 5 for this season he really hasn't done much for the selectors to even look in his direction, i for one hope he can get somewhere back to the form that he had in Aus & the WC 2 years ago.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
BTW any one else going to OT trafford tomoro for the roses clash???, looking foward to see Symo, Chilton, Norht etc bat & it will 5 out 7 days for me at OT wowwwww :D

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Zummerzet getting royally walloped at New Road by Worcs - Worcs 496-3 at end of day 2, Somerset 310. 18 year old left-arm seamer Richard Woodman took 1-53 from 11 overs on FC debut - ouch. Zander de Bruyn made 167 at no3, too.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I'd rate an innings of 130* (so far) off 248 balls against an attack of Silverwood, Kruis, Dawson and Bresnan as quite a good one, actually, as opposed to just a decent one.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
will be heading off to the rose bowl to see hampshire play yorks on sat, hopefully hants will beat them, despite the absence of pietersen they do have tremlett back which is a huge boost, with ian harvey a doubt for yorks i would back hampshire to beat them.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
lol at Middlesex, 20 wickets in a day. Second innings they went from 41-0 to 48-7 with 6 consecutive ducks :p

Good day for Lancs, another ton for Chil, push on for 550 tommorrow and then skittle em, they won;t have Hoggard to save them this time

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
sledger said:
will be heading off to the rose bowl to see hampshire play yorks on sat, hopefully hants will beat them, despite the absence of pietersen they do have tremlett back which is a huge boost, with ian harvey a doubt for yorks i would back hampshire to beat them.
Yes i fully expect hampshire too win on saturday with Pothas in Ervine in good touch with the bat and a very strong county bowling line up i would expect (hope) they are too strong for yorkshire

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
i don't know Kendall, as much as i'd love to see you smash the Yorkies, i think they might turn you over.

And a Roses final would be something, but there's the not so small matter of Warwickshire for us first, would prefer to be chasing

Rich2001

International Captain
jordyh
A tip for anyone going to Old Trafford tomorrow that I wish someone had told me. Wear suncream. Ouch.

Haha yeah, I just got back from Canterbury didn't relize it was quite as hot as it was... but I didn't burn just went a nice shade of brown :D

I must say though, that Kent must be the first team who has ever won fielding quite so many non-batsman!

But it evened up the contest quite nicely to make a enjoyable game.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
superkingdave said:
i don't know Kendall, as much as i'd love to see you smash the Yorkies, i think they might turn you over.

And a Roses final would be something, but there's the not so small matter of Warwickshire for us first, would prefer to be chasing
Well if wawriskhire play like they have been of late you should be fine.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Samuel_Vimes said:
Tell cricinfo they've stuffed up, then, because they call him Richard.

Edit: Woodman also made 48 not out
interesting... its weird having people you know on cricinfo.. makes me feel really quite rubbish..

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Langeveldt said:
makes me feel really quite rubbish..
Think how I feel! Knowing you've taken 16 off an over from a first-class player, and yet I can barely see the ball (let alone hit it) when I face a guy who's just broken the county youth squads, and who's bowling at three-quarter pace off a short run....... :D

Oh, and my bowling economy rate this season is 11.66. :D :D

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
jordyh said:
A tip for anyone going to Old Trafford tomorrow that I wish someone had told me. Wear suncream. Ouch.
yea it was pretty hot today wasn't it, but franky OT has jsut been the place to be over the last week just superb cricket, Lancashire batting this afternoon was superb especially Chilton though i must congradulate White on his classy Hundred. Looking foward to seeing Symo on fire tomoro for sure.

Only disappointment for me & fellow other club members is that all this cricket in the last week or so is relegating us to net practice :dry:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Langeveldt said:
interesting... its weird having people you know on cricinfo.. makes me feel really quite rubbish..
Someone I know has just got a job at Cricinfo - does that count?