• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2014

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pretty impressive, and if you were to nit-pick stats, you could go above 40 and below 23, which would put him pretty exclusive.

Shame we all know he's actually a bit average.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Sir Richard's bowling average is plain silly, isn't it?

Trent Bridge is (or was) a renowned swingers' paradise; be interesting to see what his home versus away averages were.

grecian

Sir Richard's bowling average is plain silly, isn't it?

Trent Bridge is (or was) a renowned swingers' paradise; be interesting to see what his home versus away averages were.
Probably a bit worse, but a lot of sporting pitches in the days of 3-day cricket, except Taunton of course. Yet he scored pretty well on those pitches, and Rice scored incredibly well.

Rice was a great batting all-rounder, Hadlee a great bowling one.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
From what I've seen of Fisher he is a big prospect. Broad still the best English U19 bowler I've seen (Stokes best bat) but Fisher not far off.

King Pietersen

International Captain
How long until Willey gets a go in the England side? 2/35 off 6 today with the ball, and we all know about his batting. Has to get a go in the Limited Overs side soon.

As Athers just said, I'd love to see an England 1st XI vs the Lions 50 over match. I reckon it'd be very close, and the Lions could even take the win.

91Jmay

International Coach
Willey, Roy and Hales should all be considered for 50 overs cricket. Root out for Roy, Willey in for basically any of the seamers and Hales in for Bell. Although giving Cook the tap on the shoulder and telling him to focus on Tests wouldn't hurt...

grecian

I think Willey was on the verge of a call-up before he got injured. Fully expect him to be fully squaded up when the white-ball International stuff returns.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From what I've seen of Fisher he is a big prospect. Broad still the best English U19 bowler I've seen (Stokes best bat) but Fisher not far off.
Good to see him getting a chance in the 50 over cup side. We all know he has talent but we have to wait and see how he develops physically etc...

Certainly one to keep a very close eye on in the coming years.

grecian

Lanky scoring over 300 twice in a row without anyone getting 70 and with solid contributions all-round.

91Jmay

International Coach
Finn in for Woakes, Stokes in for Jordan probably what I would do. Although as I said in the test thread, if CJ can make knocking over the tail his thing then that has real value to an England side whose strike bowlers are poor at it (maybe i'm wrong but my perception is that Broad/Jimmy, Broad in particular, bowl better at real batsmen where they can set them up).

grecian

Ravi doing all the hard work, and yet again he gets out to let others have the glory of winning. As selfless as he is brilliant.:wub:

grecian

Still expensive, which is concerning considering how he was when he last played tests. He can be threatening but bowls too many 4 balls.
Yeah, but the other options aren't looking at all threatening. I try not to get to het up about Limited-overs run-rate nowadays, let's face it anyone can go, even if they're a little out.