• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2014

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh well it looks like I can't read.

Thought he was saying he was in the top 3 ODI bats.

In that case Treso is way better.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
When I say best top 3, I mean best combined top 3 we've had. Would obviously have Tres opening if it was the best XI players we've had.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
If Woakes can pick up a yard of pace, there may still be hope for Will Gidman yet.
I agreed with others that Wgidman, Masters etc would have bowled better than the English bowlers at Lords on the green seamer but how often is that a test wicket? Never really. I felt a little sorry for Anderson, Broad whose bodys are programmed to bowl a little shorter having bowled in test cricket for 10 years and yet were criticized for their performance at Lords. Fact is it's not easy to adjust the muscle memory to bowling a completely different length.

This test showed the difference between bowling at less than 80 and 85mph in Anderson compared to Kumar. Both moved it around the whole game but Kumar was easy enough to play whilst the extra pace that Anderson had with the movement allowed him to take big wickets to win a game.

Like the new 50 over game instead of the 40 over game. Gives more opportunity for the middle order players to impact the game and recover situations. And obviously mimics international cricket which can't be a bad thing.

Billings have fun.

Last edited:

theegyptian

Footitt having a great season even if still a little erratic (shown by the 2nb in current game). Always had talent but great to see him putting the pace together with swing and consistency across a season.

Cox has improved quite a lot for worcestershire as well. From being a no hoper on debut he's really improved his keeping and making decent contributions with the bat. Got Joe Clarke in the 2nds who is a fine prospect as a keeper too.

Morris from worcs who looks reasonably good on the highlights package has kind of come from no-where and played a lot of cricket this season which is surprising from a young fast bowler.

theegyptian

Oh and I really have liked the way Lees for Yorkshire has batted in od and t20 cricket this season. Just hits the ball really nicely with a full face of the bat - straight and squarer of the wicket. Possibly needs to work on his leg side play and rotating the strike but given he's been portrayed as a workmanlike bat until this point I was really surprised with how cleanly he hit the ball. He seems to be improving and quickly. Could definitely see him reaching the ODI side before the test side. Lyth looks the better four day bat at present, Lees ODI and T20.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Should be an interesting opening partnership this. Mitchell having another great season, and Oliver meant to be a bit of a tonker.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
So Somerset managed to get within 2. Probably faves with 5 runs needed off 3 balls too.
D/L cutting only 9 runs off the target for 2 overs lost is a joke tbh. 374 off 48 would eclipse 383 from 50 almost every time, and it's not like the interruption came mid-innings or the game was ended early, so resources don't need to be factored in.

I fundamentally like D/L, but damn it comes up with some weird things on occasion.

#SomersetConspiracy