• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2014

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Should be an interesting opening partnership this. Mitchell having another great season, and Oliver meant to be a bit of a tonker.
Nice of Mitchell to run himself out. :)

And with Munro gone, I'm afraid the only other Worcs player whose name I recognise is the one with the famous grand-father and father. Possibly says as much about me as Worcs CCC tbf.

91Jmay

International Coach
D/L cutting only 9 runs off the target for 2 overs lost is a joke tbh. 374 off 48 would eclipse 383 from 50 almost every time, and it's not like the interruption came mid-innings or the game was ended early, so resources don't need to be factored in.

I fundamentally like D/L, but damn it comes up with some weird things on occasion.

#SomersetConspiracy
Yeah that's embarrassing. How on earth isn't it at least the RR of the setting side?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Guess this will keep Turdbach in the England setup for another 12 months.
Probably.

This chase should be easy, short boundaries looked a 160 minimum for me. Obviously mo Ajmal or Moeen either. Be interesting to see Mitchell bowl had some success in this form.

stumpski

International Captain
Struggled to chase a similar target against Middlesex recently but that wasn't a 'must win' game - hopefully the situation will concentrate a few minds.

McClenaghan is the main threat here I feel and just seeing him off without a wicket will be a big plus.

stumpski

International Captain
We have been absolute pants since Roy got out. Pietersen out in the 20s yet again. Just needs two batsmen to get their heads down and play properly, can't be too much to ask surely?

stumpski

International Captain
Anyone know the likelihood of a resumption at Old Trafford? They need another 23 balls for a result.

91Jmay

International Coach
Glammy lost 3 wickets in the over before rain to go down to Lanky on DL :laugh:

What a pitch/outfield this is.

91Jmay

International Coach
197-2. Great effort, Clarke/Chopra doing fantastically. Will need every run but we have a chance here, hope our spinners go well - think that will be key to the game.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Gem of a knock from Rikki.

Masters is heroically slow, isn't he? Something reassuringly English about a tall seamer pounding in off a long run and sending it down at <70mph.

Also surprised to see Chopra get a runner; guess the ICC's playing condition doesn't apply to our domestic games.