• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2014

stumpski

International Captain
Worcs made the day's biggest total, 209-4 with Ross Whiteley hitting 84 off 38 balls against his former county - quite something for someone who'd never managed a 50 in the competition before. I expect the 100 he hit in a one-day game for the 2nds last week got him into this game.

Derby replying at 10 an over, so it could yet be close there. Surrey also going well at Canterbury, despite no Roy.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
Staggering day of T20 cricket. Senstational batting everywhere in the county. Luke Wright back to back centuries, John Hastings playing a blinder and Notts have a chance to put the Bears into the Semi finals.

Madness

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
So basically my options are limited as to who to support in the finals.

Thinking Lancs on the basis of Chapple but Notts a possibility on the basis of Lumb.

stumpski

International Captain
Hmmm, just switched over to watch the end of the match, didn't expect it to be over by 8.15 somehow ... suppose I should have been watching the score.

Just seen the Essex- Sussex score as well, some ludicrous chasing tonight.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stop acting like it's a good night, Luke Wright will now be in every Limited Over England teams for the next 5 years.

Last edited:

grecian

Hate to say it but we could do a helluva lot worse than Luke Wright right now.
It seems to me going back to someone repeatedly who is only ever going to be worse-than-average at International level, and has proven that again and again, is utterly pointless. Anyway we've got Ravi to fill that role:ph34r:

Give new names a go if we aren't happy with the ones in there. By new, BTW I don't necessarily mean young.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
I wasn't mocking I just think its quite odd that despite having a squad, that by all accounts has always had a bunch of good players Somerset have never really seemed to have much in the way of representation in the senior side for any length of time since Tresco.

Also
Gale > Morgan

As captains anyway.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Matt Fisher in yorkies squad for the roses 50 over game today. Real, real talent. Was one of the standout performers of u19 WC and still only 16. Hope he plays.

grecian

I wasn't mocking I just think its quite odd that despite having a squad, that by all accounts has always had a bunch of good players Somerset have never really seemed to have much in the way of representation in the senior side for any length of time since Tresco.
I know it's without doubt the biggest scandal in cricket ever. Look at Andy Caddick's last Test match too.

Anyway Dewi Penrhyn-Jones debuted for Glamorgan today, has there ever been a Welsher name.

Down as Right-fast, no doubt amended to RMF soon.

grecian

So Lewis Gregory can bat a bit too.

Willey and Hales not doing their England ODI chances any harm either.