• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2007

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Is he an opener by trade? I think he was batting in the middle order earlier in the season, but moved up to the top for this game.
I'm pretty sure that he is, I remeber seeing his name up the top when I was looking at a few under 19 scorecards last year. If I remember correctly, it was him a Varun Chopra - another younster who is in good form too - possibly an England opening pair for the future?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Samit Patel played for Notts Seconds at 14, it's not completely unheard of.
Still, pretty amazing stuff. Considering that Hasan Raza made his Test debut, supposedly aged 14 it doesn't look that impressive.

Perm

Essex conceeded 277 from their 50 overs, thanks mostly to a wonderful century by Eoin Morgan, who was fielding for England just yesterday. Kaneria the pick of the bowlers with 4/49. Pretty confident we can chase it down.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
What's doing with RTD Perm?

He seems to be fullfilling a typical 2nd string English all-rounder role; bowl no more than 5 overs and bats too low to be an impact.

Also, why was Morgan fielding for England? He's Irish.

Perm

What's doing with RTD Perm?

He seems to be fullfilling a typical 2nd string English all-rounder role; bowl no more than 5 overs and bats too low to be an impact.

Also, why was Morgan fielding for England? He's Irish.
He was a replacement fielder since Middlesex didn't have a game yesterday, I assume he was hanging around Lords and was asked to be the unofficial 12th man since James Anderson went home.

Not sure what the story is with RTD, he notched up a century near the start of the season but has been pretty woeful since. His bowling isn't good enough, and never really has been. He can be handy when he gets it right and conditions suit, but no more than that. In poor form with the bat though, which is a great shame.

Perm

Glamorgan 85
David Hemp 25
Simon Cook 4/25, Ryan McLaren 4/29

Kent 87/1
Geraint Jones 44*, Andrew Hall 40*
Alex Wharf 1/36

Good day at the office for Kent.

Perm

Derbyshire 199/6
Phil Weston 78
Gareth Batty 1/31

Worcestershire 201/3
Ben Smith 66*, Graeme Hick 65*
Graham Wagg 2/41

Pretty easy victory for Worecestershire there, hardly challenged.

Scaly piscine

Durham well set to win their game after a slow start to both innings in that match. 179-3 after 39 overs chasing 252 for victory, Durham were something like 33-3 off 15. Mustard has 102* off 118, Benkenstein at the other end unbeaten on a half-century.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
annoyed i couldn't have been @ OT today for the Roses's clash seems like a very good game was played.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
That game was held up for half hour after Chaminda Vaas had to be taken to hospital after hitting his head on a advertising boarding whilst attempting a catch. However, he was fully ‘conscious’ when he was ******ed off to hospital and fingers crossed his alright.

Galactic_Soap

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
That game was held up for half hour after Chaminda Vaas had to be taken to hospital after hitting his head on a advertising boarding whilst attempting a catch. However, he was fully ‘conscious’ when he was ******ed off to hospital and fingers crossed his alright.
:-O

0/46 isn't that bad!