• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2007

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wish Durham wouldn't bother with these garbage import players with an English passport.

ME Claydon 13 0 68 0 5.23 (10nb, 1w)

No-balls are two runs, so that's 20 runs he's given in no-balls already. If they're going to be that crap just give someone local a chance.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I was going to post this in the Panesar thread, but I'll do it here.

If England ever did need two spinners - who is the the bowler who would support Panesar.

Simply, who is the second best spinner in England?

(And please, take the likelihood of them playing for England into consideration)

Most other countries have a recognised and competent second spinner, its just intresting that England have never had a quality spinner for a number of years, consequnetly, the 2nd spinner wouldn't be much chop.
Giles and Croft were hardly the worst pairing you could wish to see. Nor were Croft and Tufnell.

Even Emburey and Edmunds had their moments. And before them Underwood and Illingworth in the days of uncovered wickets could be devastating.

But yeah - the next-best spinner in England would probably be Jason Brown. No surprise that two of the best are Northants lads.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Very strange morning/early afternoon, with Glamorgan all out for 60. Kent wouldn't be doing much better if it wasn't for Joe Denly. Essex and Derbyshire are 6 and 7 wickets down respectably. Could be a few pitch inspectors doing the rounds I think...
According to coach Graham Ford, Kent just misread the state of the wicket and expected given the weather it would be a nice batting day instead they were confronted with a slightly 'dampish' wicket. 199 isn't great but Denly's not out innings is fantastic given the number of esteemed cricketers who fell around him, looks to be a good talent.

But **** knows what happened down at Glamorgan, they are not the greatest of sides but 60 all out is ridiculous.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Danish Kaneria has just hit a fifty against Notts and has taken Charlie Shreck to the cleaners it would seem. Not only surprised that Kaneria has scored a fifty but Essex favour him at nine instead of Andre Nel, who has a pretty decent technique.

Last edited:

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
According to coach Graham Ford, Kent just misread the state of the wicket and expected given the weather it would be a nice batting day instead they were confronted with a slightly 'dampish' wicket. 199 isn't great but Denly's not out innings is fantastic given the number of esteemed cricketers who fell around him, looks to be a good talent.

But **** knows what happened down at Glamorgan, they are not the greatest of sides but 60 all out is ridiculous.
Well, Hampshire are 94-6 now so it's not been all plain sailing for them. Fantastic knock from Denly though, he's really coming of age this season. He did exactly the same against Durham in the second innings - was the only one to put up any semblance of fight.

Middlesex also haven't done brilliantly in their innings, although 179-8 is significantly better than 60 all out.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
CL White 540 runs @ 90, 3 hundreds.

Is there any point for teams to travel to Taunton? Couldn't the ECB hand out eleven points in advance?

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Not surprisingly, pitch inspectors are being sent to Canterbury and Swansea. I'll be gutted if Kent incur a points deduction, as Denly has shown that it's possible to score runs on the wicket, but this is becoming more and more of a batsman's game, so won't be surprised if they do get penalised. 21 wickets fell at Swansea so I'm sure Glamorgan will get some sort of punishment. Pretty crappy day - getting bowled out for 60 on your own track and then suffering the ignominy of being penalised for a poor pitch!

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
CL White 540 runs @ 90, 3 hundreds.

Is there any point for teams to travel to Taunton? Couldn't the ECB hand out eleven points in advance?

I'd like to see the pitch inspectors travel there. No way is that wicket less damaging to English cricket than the ones that give the bowlers too much help. Ditto the Oval, actually.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
I'd like to see the pitch inspectors travel there. No way is that wicket less damaging to English cricket than the ones that give the bowlers too much help. Ditto the Oval, actually.

Couldn't agree more, but as I said earlier, it's a batsman's game...

grecian

David Hussey getting some runs. Good for my Fantasy team. I may have misread it, but I think one of my teams are up to 97th, overall. Having Ramps as captain, is kind of a must.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Yeah I have Langer as my captain, as I thought he'd be a good bet to score more runs than Ramps, given that he's in the 2nd Division with Somerset and batting at Taunton half the time, but once again, Ramps has been in simply irrepressible form so far this season, so it may be time for a change in captaincy.

Disappointed to see Denly get out for a duck following his first innings heroics as he's in my team, but that's a score of 95 for the game (barring any catches) which isn't too bad for someone who only cost me 1 point.

grecian

Yeah I have Langer as my captain, as I thought he'd be a good bet to score more runs than Ramps, given that he's in the 2nd Division with Somerset and batting at Taunton half the time, but once again, Ramps has been in simply irrepressible form so far this season, so it may be time for a change in captaincy.

Disappointed to see Denly get out for a duck following his first innings heroics as he's in my team, but that's a score of 95 for the game (barring any catches) which isn't too bad for someone who only cost me 1 point.
I've got three teams, but I only got confirmation, after the season had started. So I wasn't sure I was in, the other two teams are dross, mind.

Hussey, Ramps and Kabir Ali:unsure: doing well for me recently, in the a-side.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'd like to see the pitch inspectors travel there.
You and countless other affectionados of the game (and not just the English game). Sadly, it seems we types just don't understand the importance of minimising the amount of lost play due to early finishes.