• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official English Domestic Off Season 2014-2015***

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Buttler is going to be just fine as well. Probably one of the parts of the side I am least concerned about.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
He's pretty untested at a high FC level though. Looked good v India at home but this year will be all against top class seam attacks at home and tough conditions overseas.

Pothas

Yeah he will probably get quite a few low scores, but so would Prior. If his keeping stands up, which I think it will, then I am happy enough for him to be a bit hit and miss with the bat. The hits will make it well worth it.

SeamUp

International Coach
England Lions team for the warm-up v Gauteng tomorrow - the expected XI for the first 'A' game

1. Sam Robson
2. Adam Lyth
3. Alex Lees
4. Jonathan Trott
5. James Vince
6. Jonny Bairstow (wk)
7. Adil Rashid
8. Liam Plunkett
9. Mark Wood
10. Jack Brooks
11. Boyd Rankin

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
England Lions team for the warm-up v Gauteng tomorrow - the expected XI for the first 'A' game

1. Sam Robson
2. Adam Lyth
3. Alex Lees
4. Jonathan Trott
5. James Vince
6. Jonny Bairstow (wk)
7. Adil Rashid
8. Liam Plunkett
9. Mark Wood
10. Jack Brooks
11. Boyd Rankin
Decent looking team. Just a shame about the age of the seamers.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Good start by Robson and Lyth.

Caught the end of Key and Willis discussing England's best uncapped options during the rain break in the SAWI test. Key seemed to be a decent fan of Dunn. Rated him. Said that he wasn't just trying to bowl quick but actually tried to set batsmen up.

The other players they mentioned as standouts were Lees, Billings, Riley+ Rashid.

Good tour here and I can see Rashid playing in the Windies as the second spinner in certain circumstances given the lack of alternatives.

Could be Cook, Lyth/Robson, Ballance, Bell, Root, Ali, Buttler, Rashid, Plunkett, Broad, Anderson

theegyptian

Love cricinfo SA. They seem to have text commentaries on all their domestic games.

Won't be able to tell a whole lot from this game given the quality of the opposition. Trotty will be champing at the bit to have a knock.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I enjoyed today's scoreline but nowhere near as much as I enjoyed learning that one of the opposition bowlers is called Lazarus.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator

Caught the end of Key and Willis discussing England's best uncapped options during the rain break in the SAWI test. Key seemed to be a decent fan of Dunn. Rated him. Said that he wasn't just trying to bowl quick but actually tried to set batsmen up.

The other players they mentioned as standouts were Lees, Billings, Riley+ Rashid.

Good tour here and I can see Rashid playing in the Windies as the second spinner in certain circumstances given the lack of alternatives.

Could be Cook, Lyth/Robson, Ballance, Bell, Root, Ali, Buttler, Rashid, Plunkett, Broad, Anderson
Yeah he could play the role Stokes and Woakes did in the summer.

Niall

International Coach
Not sure how to check online, but has Vince ever done anything of note with the Lions?

SeamUp

International Coach

Thought he was erratic in the Jamie Overton mold.

There doesn't seem to be too much backing of him on here. More so Wood.

Ideally Topley & Curran come back from injury well and get a full season behind them and I reckon they will be Lions. Fisher to follow.

theegyptian

Thought he was erratic in the Jamie Overton mold.

There doesn't seem to be too much backing of him on here. More so Wood.

Ideally Topley & Curran come back from injury well and get a full season behind them and I reckon they will be Lions. Fisher to follow.
Yes this was just what Rob Key was relaying on his experiences in the second division with Kent and that Dunn stood out from most of the second division plodders - as bowling quick enough but still capable of moving the ball around/working over a batsman.

He'll have seen more of the second div bowlers than the likes of Overton, Wood etc.

From what I've seen of Dunn he bowls reasonably straight (as opposed to JOverton's scatttergun last year) but tends to be overly aggresive with his lengths and overpitch if anything.

Dunn (and Curran) should be well served bowling at the oval if they are to step up to international level as it is one of the flatter wickets around.

SeamUp

International Coach
Yes this was just what Rob Key was relaying on his experiences in the second division with Kent and that Dunn stood out from most of the second division plodders - as bowling quick enough but still capable of moving the ball around/working over a batsman.

He'll have seen more of the second div bowlers than the likes of Overton, Wood etc.

From what I've seen of Dunn he bowls reasonably straight (as opposed to JOverton's scatttergun last year) but tends to be overly aggresive with his lengths and overpitch if anything.

Dunn (and Curran) should be well served bowling at the oval if they are to step up to international level as it is one of the flatter wickets around.
Fair enough, thought he was talking as an analyst but fair dues talking from his experiences from 2nd div.

Robson, Lyth, Lees obviously know there is a battle on for a spot and all stepped up. :thumbs_up

Soweto pitch can be tricky so good knocks for those 3 against a not too bad provincial attack.

grecian

The seamers doing okay, but Adil getting slaughtered, which he does quite a few times.