• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of West Indies 2019

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I can honestly say that Deny has use up about 5 tests worth of luck in 2 innings here. Is it just me that thinks he looks pretty awful out there and isn't sure how he is still in? I think picking him for the ashes would be a huge risk.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He hasn't been that bad. Maybe I missed the streaky stuff earlier in the session.

Borges

International Regular
Is it just me that thinks he looks pretty awful out there and isn't sure how he is still in? I think picking him for the ashes would be a huge risk.
You are not alone. He does look pretty awful; from what I've seen so far, because he is pretty awful.

Beamer

Out now finally going for one of those whooshes outside off stump. I wouldn't pick him for the ashes, I think it would be a big mistake.

Andy1993

U19 Cricketer
Rare top order batsman to make a score though...for me he starts 3 in the Ashes, unless anyone else knocks the door down early season in CC

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm liking this new hundred-or-nothing Joe. Basically completely inverted his output.

Could be an interesting exercise in consistency vs mercuriality.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well done Joe.

Think we are so busy getting pissed off with him all the time that there is a danger we might stop appreciating that he is actually quite good. Also worth noting that as his form has declined somewhat recently the conversion thing seems to be sorting itself out.

Pothas

I'm liking this new hundred-or-nothing Joe. Basically completely inverted his output.

Could be an interesting exercise in consistency vs mercuriality.
He is more like a normal really good player now, just one not in his best form. The time was the weird bit, he was playing so well for pretty ridiculous length of time, just did not capitalise on it as he should have done.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know this is a dead rubber and we're 2 men down with Bravo and Paul injured, but it's no coincidence that even our bowling looks listless whenever Kraigg is captain. That's 5 matches now, which is a big enough sample size. Not at all impressed with the team under his leadership.
Bit of stickler for the old fashioned three slips and a gully eh.

Beamer

Yeah I actually think we bowled superbly at him tbh. Still you know a class player takes his opportunities and he was never not getting a ton here IMHO.

Still not impressed with captain Kraigg though. He bowled himself for ages and didn't give any overs at all to Campbell who is a decent back up spinner at FC level.

Pothas

Personally thought Root looked in nick all series. Copped some good bowling, though.
I don't remember anytime he has actually looked out of nick but he has not looked as good as he has in the past. There was maybe 3 or so years from 2014 when he looked amazing pretty much every Test.

Raffski

School Boy/Girl Captain
I don't remember anytime he has actually looked out of nick but he has not looked as good as he has in the past. There was maybe 3 or so years from 2014 when he looked amazing pretty much every Test.
Think he looked poor this summer against India, first innings at Edgbaston aside.