• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of Sri Lanka 2018

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
Most catches in a match (test)

Player Ct Team Opposition Ground

AM Rahane 8 India v Sri Lanka Galle
GS Chappell 7 Australia v England Perth
Yajurvindra Singh 7 India v England Bengaluru
HP Tillakaratne 7 Lanka v New Zealand Colombo
SP Fleming 7 New Zealand v Zimbabwe Harare
ML Hayden 7 Australia v Sri Lanka Galle
KL Rahul 7 India v England Nottingham
A Shrewsbury 6 England v Australia Sydney
AEE Vogler 6 South Africa v England Durban
FE Woolley 6 England v Australia Sydney
JM Gregory 6 Australia v England Sydney
B Mitchell 6 South Africa v Australia Melbourne
VY Richardson 6 Australia v South Africa Durban
RN Harvey 6 Australia v England Sydney
MC Cowdrey 6 England v West Indies Lord's
ED Solkar 6 India v West Indies Port of Spain
GS Sobers 6 West Indies v England Lord's
IM Chappell 6 Australia v New Zealand Adelaide
AW Greig 6 England v Pakistan Leeds
DF Whatmore 6 Australia v India Kanpur
AJ Lamb 6 England v New Zealand Lord's
GA Hick 6 England vs Pak Leeds
BA Young 6 New Zealand v Pakistan Auckland
JC Adams 6 West Indies v England Kingston
SP Fleming 6 New Zealand v Australia Brisbane
DPMD Jayawardene 6 Sri Lanka v Pakistan Peshawar
ME Waugh 6 Australia v India Chennai
V Sehwag 6 India v England Leeds
Taufeeq Umar 6 Pakistan v South Afric
MJayawarden-6 Sri Lanka v Zimbabwe Harare
SP Fleming 6 New Zealand v West Indies Wellington
AN Cook 6 England v New Zealand Hamilton
JH Kallis 6 South Africa v Sri Lanka Cape Town
GC Smith 6 South Africa v Australia Perth
DM Bravo 6 West Indies v Bangladesh,Kingstown
SPD Smith 6 Australia v Sri Lanka Colombo
SPD Smith 6 Australia v SoA Cape Town
KK Jennings 6 England v Sri Lanka Colombo (SSC)

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Isn't this why test cricket is still the best format for the game?
Absolutely, especially when England win these close encounters.

Judging by this and the India series, they seem to be developing the happy knack of finding someone to win the big moments in matches.

Heboric

International Debutant
Congrats to England and all.

But if I was Sri Lankan supporter I would be steaming. I personally dont easily get angry at sport results, but this, I think I would have blown a gasket or something.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It is so lovely to see the brazen pitch doctorers get diddled 0-3 at home. I don't think they'll learn anything from it, but it's nice nonetheless.

Bahseph

State Captain
Amazing from England. SL need to rethink their strategy asap. If you can't win at home, what are you going to do abroad with Lakmal as the only Test standard seamer?

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Amazing from England. SL need to rethink their strategy asap. If you can't win at home, what are you going to do abroad with Lakmal as the only Test standard seamer?
Lahiru Kumara, Dushmantha Chameera and Kasun Rajitha are there in thereabouts.

They get very little chances cos we are stuck with one seamer for home Tests

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
c Foakes b Stokes made the series for me

Foakes' success has granted us the opportunity in the English summer to finally see the real big 3 come into action. It better ****ing happen.

Spark

Global Moderator
When's the last time a home team failed to score a ton all series?
Batting records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPNcricinfo

Pakistan in England just this year. If you want to only count 3+ match series as real series, then yeah India vs SA is it. It seems to happen quite a bit actually, usually when the home team is simply crap.

If we're talking no hundreds full stop though, then that's a much sparser list: Batting records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPNcricinfo

Over two decades since a minimum 3 match series with no hundreds from either side.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Whom are you deeming to be the first opener?

Still big questions over our top 3 for me.
I think so too. Presumably the top 3 from this test will start in the WI, but they still have much to prove.
tbh even if they had scored consistently here, it wouldn't really indicate that they'll flourish against Australia next summer.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Whom are you deeming to be the first opener?

Still big questions over our top 3 for me.
Yeah totally agree. This is an impressive win for England no doubt about it, but I'm not sure we've really answered too many questions tbh. It feels like we've mashed together a side that can actually compete in Sub Cont conditions, but the gaping holes are still going to be there at home and everywhere else in the world.

Bijed

International Regular
Needless to say, I'm very pleased with how this series gone, far better than I expected. Agree that we're still to answer the question of our top 3, but Foakes and Leach (I know it wasn't actually his debut series) were great finds.

Probably the most important factor in our success, however, was the tea break, with Sri Lanka losing a wicket 1, 1, 10, 3, 6 and 4 (for an average of 4.17) balls into the final session.