• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of Sri Lanka 2018

Howe_zat

Audio File
I wish he could put his potential with both together for a sustained period (and keep out of trouble for once). It would be quite something.
We have had it before, for 2016 his statline is:

10 tests; 826 runs at 51 with high score 258; 32 wickets at 23 with best bowling 5/73.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I remember him being effective on turning pitches in Bangladesh. Must be something to do with catching the batsman off guard in the short bursts he bowls since he's not really suited to the conditions at all. All of his best spells have been bowling swing.
He was spectacular in Bangladesh. Bowling reverse outswingers like he had a new Dukes on a cloudy English day.

I feel like 35/32 bat/ball is somewhere around breakeven for him. Off field issues aside I think his semi-continuous injuries have held him back.

This series it's not just been the bowling though, he's really been making it happen in the field as well.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Older readers may remember when Moeen could hold a bat at this level.
He is bizarre, he either bats like a dream or bowls really well but almost never does both in the same series never mind game. Last winter he lost the plot with both aspects of his game and he hasn't recovered any form with the bat since apart from dicking Yorkshire.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This whole field umpires not calling no-balls things is beyond ridiculous. Just bite the bullet and get the 3rd umpire to watch it every ball, it's not like they're doing much else right? It's not fair on the batsmen to have to be facing no-balls that aren't being called all day, and it's not fair on the bowlers to not know when they're over the line and only be told when they've taken a wicket.

mr_mister

So agree. It's so dumb how it only becomes an enforced rule at certain times(when there's a wicket). That's really dumb for a sport

Gnske

Who was umpiring from Sandakan's end?

If it was Ravi I can understand, the guy has a hard enough time making right decisions as is.

Edit: Just saw the clip, of course it was ****ing Ravi.

Last edited:

Gnske

Third umpire has to be safer anyway than relying on usually severely aged men to make snap calls at a mere glance at whether it's a no-ball or not. Adam Voges at the Basin I offer as evidence of what happens inversely to the Sandkan issue, poor Hurricane.

Not that they're looking anyway, but ehhh.