• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I saw Ashwell Prince take Swanny apart in a four-day game at Old Trafford last summer. Hit consecutive sixes straight down my throat at long-off.

Was slightly surreal to see Swann get him in his first over today.

Woodster

International Captain
I saw Ashwell Prince take Swanny apart in a four-day game at Old Trafford last summer. Hit consecutive sixes straight down my throat at long-off.

Was slightly surreal to see Swann get him in his first over today.
Yes I went to Lancs v Notts at OT also, seem to remember Prince being the only performer for Lancs batting, certainly in the first innings, when they were bowled out on the opening day. Didn't see his knock in the 2nd innings though when he got a ton.

With that in mind, Swann would have been ecstatic to get him first up, decent ball aswell, in the right area and a fair bit of turn to boot.

jboss

Banned
go die.... :@:@:@
Go duck with an f yourself. I am sorry for lowering my standards to yours but asking for someone to go die or wishing someone death is hardly mature. The crick web mods may wanna check why my reporting of posts like this does not work on opera internet browser on linux. You must have a sad life and think that death is the solution to problems and that typing such junk behind the comfort of your pc protects you from making a complete idiot of yourself. In truth if you can't take opinions without making mature ones of your own, then you may wish to go join some neo nazi site were hatred and death are welcome discussions. And sitting behind the comfort of your pc wishing such things on others may only offer you the protection of being able to say such things out of eyesight and hearing distance from people you may know, but making such comments may indicate that you have very few friends in RL anyway.

Last edited:

jboss

Banned
In fairness everyone dies eventually.

That said, let's settle down, kids.
Most people are subjected to abuse that is not welcome here, at some time in thier lives. So does that mean I can embark on rascist comments and unmasked swearing here? Seams to be very biased decisions on what is considered rude/trolling and offensive here.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Most people are subjected to abuse that is not welcome here, at some time in thier lives. So does that mean I can embark on rascist comments and unmasked swearing here? Seams to be very biased decisions on what is considered rude/trolling and offensive here.
I'm trying to calm down a situation that, if you actually comply, almost certainly will not escalate. Everyone needs to take a time-out. Literally.

An isolated insult does not warrant a ban.

Burgey

Yeah have had this idea in my head the last couple of years that they have by far and away the best pace attack in world cricket, suddenly you take out Steyn out and it looks up there with the most mediocre.
Haha - automatic cue for them to roll England for sub-200 now.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Horrible referral on the ABdeV underedge off Swann. With no snicko or hotspot (one is entitled to ask why this is should be tho, tbf) Strauss should've overruled Swann.

Didn't last for much longer afterwards tho; good pluck from The Chef under the lid at short leg.

Burgey

Interesting to see Lady BroadGa has had a hair cut. If anything he looks even younger than before.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Horrible referral on the ABdeV underedge off Swann. With no snicko or hotspot (one is entitled to ask why this is should be tho, tbf) Strauss should've overruled Swann.
The ICC, in their usual wisdom, decided to make local broadcasters foot the cost of the new technology. Understandably, the South Africans didn't agree. Maybe the boards should all pay...

In all the games I've seen any referral system used, sides have messed it up. They just get greedy and go for anything. If they just used it for the blatantly obvious mistake, then it would work so much better. Which is why I think one unsuccessful appeal per innings should be the limit.