• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

tooextracool

International Coach
Son Of Coco said:
Possibly, but he was never that convincing against him at other times. He has a bit of a tendency to go missing at important times.
absolutely, when hes struggling, hes one of the worst players to watch. ive never seen anyone hit as many balls straight into the crowd as he has.

tooextracool

International Coach
Scaly piscine said:
Contradicted yourself, the last sentence was exactly what I said. It's not a technical fault if you execute the shot well but you just play it at the wrong time and I'm sure everyone is aware the volume of runs Strauss gets from the pull shot.
and the number of times hes been out playing the pull shot?
and it is a technical fault even if you manage to work your way around it. but if you really want to get better then how about just improving your technique so that you can avoid all those dismissals?

tooextracool

International Coach
i cant believe jones didnt get an over before the end of the day. hes certainly been more impressive than harmison has in this test match.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Tom Halsey said:
With your batters having to start again tomorrow, I think we're still favourites.

Plus, we have a decent spinner - you have Graham Smith. :p
I dunno, he turned some...

suprised Smith bowled ahead of Rudolph, actually

Langeveldt

Soutie
Tom Halsey said:
With your batters having to start again tomorrow, I think we're still favourites.

Plus, we have a decent spinner - you have Graham Smith. :p
Who happened to get your best player of spin out..

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Afternoon session depressed the hell out of me. With Butch & Fred there we were looking well set for a mammoth score.

Haven't even got the consolation of them both falling to jaffas; Butch was just typical Butch. V ugly heave across the line. It looked a premeditated shot. He looked well set & gifted Ntini his wicket.

Fred's was nearly as bad. Fell right into the trap set for him.

Harmy's bowling is a concern, looks to be bowling a yard slower too.

Game looks well set; pity I've got f***ing work! :@

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Langeveldt said:
Harmos looked like his previous self so far in South Africa
Talksport seemed to be blaming the lack of the Test series in Zimbabwe meaning that he's not into a rhythm yet.

Seeing as we've known about the lack of those games for a long time now that doesn't wash with me.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Talksport seemed to be blaming the lack of the Test series in Zimbabwe meaning that he's (Harmison) not into a rhythm yet.

Seeing as we've known about the lack of those games for a long time now that doesn't wash with me.
I don't know if you read the interviews when they were about to fly out, but he didn't seem at all happy about leaving his young kids for 3 months. As a parent myself, I find that completely understandable, but it's not helpful if it's put him out of sorts. Maybe it is just rustiness, although I agree with you that it should have been sorted even without the Zim games.

As for the future, I can't see him doing too many more tours judging by the tone of that interview.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Two wickets in a row for Jones, second extremely dubious.

This partnership is vital for SA now. Has to be significant or England will run away with it.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Langeveldt said:
The TV has been calmly switched off before things get out of hand..
Bwahahahahahaha! I know that feeling SOOOO well. I do it more during the football than the cricket though these days, I have to admit.

Looks reasonably safe for England now - a solid performance, but there isn't a gulf evident between the sides yet.