• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa 2020

Jack1

International Debutant

ugh

Incredible stuff by malan though. Even starting this series I wasn't convinced they'd go with Malan when it came to the World t20s, but that now looks decided.

Roy's record continues to be average, and given they are likely to go at him with spin in India his position looks vulnerable now.
Malan’s place is nailed long term now. I think Roy is very suspect too. Shame about Alex Hales falling out of favour (and out of form). But if it clicks for Roy then England are a batting monster (arguably are already). Like you show with the photo the bowling needs work. Not convinced by Tom Curran. I feel like Wood and Topley are better options on form

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Touch of the Alex Tudors for Malan there.

Kudos to him for taking that last single though. Incredibly unselfish given there was still two overs left to score one run.

I keep thinking sooner or later he will revert to the mean, but happy he keeps proving me wrong.
his reaction suggested that he didn't realise there was only a single left to get.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Malan’s place is nailed long term now. I think Roy is very suspect too. Shame about Alex Hales falling out of favour (and out of form). But if it clicks for Roy then England are a batting monster (arguably are already). Like you show with the photo the bowling needs work. Not convinced by Tom Curran. I feel like Wood and Topley are better options on form
We don't need another opener, England are being too funky imho, we need a bowling option and a solid middle-order bat in case plan A doesn't work, that is pretty much a Root-shaped hole. If things click like yesterday won't even be needed.

On bowling they seem a bit obsessed with wicket-takers, whilst I agree that taking wickets of top players earlier helps immensely, I just don't particularly see the point of bowlers going for 2-30 off 2 in the death, other than to puff their average.

Yet again though it all kinda works, so that makes them hard to criticize but agree Topley and Wood better options.

Bijed

International Regular
May have been mentioned in another thread, but Malan now has an ICC T20 ranking of 915, which is the highest for anyone ever in the format

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
May have been mentioned in another thread, but Malan now has an ICC T20 ranking of 915, which is the highest for anyone ever in the format
That's extraordinary. Mind you, watching the highlights, so was his batting the other day.

Heboric

International Debutant
Having gone through testing myself, it must be awful having multiple tests , having something shoved up your nose :sick: . Or is it a different kind of test now.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
If the tour goes ahead which seems in the balance right now, looks like games Sunday, Monday and Wednesday.

I wonder if we might some of these lesser spotted covid reserves. These thankless few that have to follow the squad around with very little chance of seeing action. Banton, Ball and Helm.

Certainly wouldn't expect Wood, Topley or Stone to play back to back games. Might rest all the fast bowlers (that played game 1) for game 2.