• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa 2019/20

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yikes. Soft underbelly exposed. If we get a poor total it'll be on that Root/Morgan run out. That partnership should have been the cake.

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Can't see anything less than 250 being competitive here. Good to see a pitch that isn't an absolute road though (at least I don't think it is anyway). There's something in it for the bowlers and dew should be a bit less of a factor in the chase

Howe_zat

Audio File
So yeah this batting order was just way too top heavy. I reckon Moeen for SCurran and Banton in the top three if he's going to play.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
At what point will the England selectors actually realise that Curran is a far worse batsman than Woakes?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Realistic chance for 270 here.
I don't think so. They still need to middle-overs bat until about 45 overs. Parkinson is a proper 11 and Jordan needs to have license to slog to be effective. So if they lose wickets now they'll probably get bowled out.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think so. They still need to middle-overs bat until about 45 overs. Parkinson is a proper 11 and Jordan needs to have license to slog to be effective. So if they lose wickets now they'll probably get bowled out.
By realistic, I mean ~8% chance

Edit: Will update the number as the overs progress.

Edit: After 48 overs.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Luke Thrower: Mature innings from Denly and a good partnership built by him and Woakes. Big last few overs now.

Cheers Luke.

SeamUp

International Coach
Sipamla got a smooth easy to pick up action for batsmen. For him to work at international level he needs to get quicker. Change-ups are decent but he is an accurate hit back of a length bowler.

PS nice test for him at the death because he has a decent Yorker.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Denly's brand of halfway competent intent is fun to watch in this mood. Sweet Caroline plays out of nowhere between the overs :happy:

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Think he was even mentioned as a possible UK PM in the dog days of WW2.

It does sometimes seem there's only about half-a-dozen surnames in RSA though. I'm sure one's never more than ten feet from a Botha, Burger, de Villiers, Kruger, P(i)etersen, Fourie, Smuts or Smit.
van der Merwe