• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

Stefan9

International Debutant
There's a guy commenting on Cricinfo who says Ramela and Ethy Mbhalati should be picked. He also says Cook is too old to be picked even though Cook is more than a year younger than Mbhalati.
Ramela omg. guy that averages 27 in first class cricket...Ethy has been a great pro for the titans but he never had the pace to make it at the highest level. He is 34 as well.

Marius

International Debutant
Ramela omg. guy that averages 27 in first class cricket...Ethy has been a great pro for the titans but he never had the pace to make it at the highest level. He is 34 as well.
Mbhalati is a good senior pro, and has been a great servant of the Titans but he's not a Test match bowler.

Ramela is rubbish, he shouldn't sniff a freaken Test cap. He is only playing for the Cobras because of the quotas.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I thought this Test was starting today... my disappointment when realizing that it only starts tomorrow is simply embarrassing really... Its the first game I`ve been able to watch from the beginning since middle of the Tests against India

91Jmay

International Coach
I thought this Test was starting today... my disappointment when realizing that it only starts tomorrow is simply embarrassing really... Its the first game I`ve been able to watch from the beginning since middle of the Tests against India
I should be glad as I've got a busy day at work, but I am really not. I share your disappointment.

Marius

International Debutant
Let's hope the weather holds. A bit overcast in Jhb today and it absolutely bucketed down yesterday. Centurion also always gets rain when there's a Test match on.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Let's hope the weather holds. A bit overcast in Jhb today and it absolutely bucketed down yesterday. Centurion also always gets rain when there's a Test match on.
A bit of cloud cover adds to the spice.

I'd rather the Saffa's make it to day 5 before hopelessly falling on their bums though this time.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Seem to be some thunderstorm predicted for all 5 days. Over the last few weeks they all come during the evening though, think we had 2 mornings with rain. That rain didn't last long thought.

Marius

International Debutant
Seem to be some thunderstorm predicted for all 5 days. Over the last few weeks they all come during the evening though, think we had 2 mornings with rain. That rain didn't last long thought.
Where do you stay? Are you from Joburg?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm starting to get excited about the NZ tour. Kane Williamson on his first test assignment as captain against Steyn. Mouthwatering.
Ahh irrelevant Williamson mention, been a few pages.:ph34r:

Going to have to stay up to watch Sharapova (who almost seems to match KW in irrelevant contexts on this forum TBH), so will probably miss the first session with sleep. I'm happy with my priorities TBH,

Howe_zat

Audio File
AB de Villiers' assertion that England are 'not unbeatable' is the best endorsement of an England side I've seen in years.

He could have said that he was taking the threat from England very seriously and they've got a very strong, improving side, but that's what he would say about Bangladesh or something

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Weird comments by AB, is as if he's trying to prove he really does care about Test cricket by coming across a bit of an arse.

91Jmay

International Coach
Wow, thanks for the reminder to come and play AB.

To be fair. I'm surprised he can have appraised Anderson's pace given that Broad has barely let him out of his hutch all series.