• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

Howe_zat

Audio File
I wonder if they'll leapfrog Morris into the side ahead of Rabada to shore up the lower order. Abbott, Peidt, Rabada and Morkel is three 10s and an 11. It's not exactly the source of the problems but it certainly doesn't help.

I'd rather England face Morris than Rabada anyway. Morris did nothing in the warm up game.

Stefan9

International Debutant
I wonder if they'll leapfrog Morris into the side ahead of Rabada to shore up the lower order. Abbott, Peidt, Rabada and Morkel is three 10s and an 11. It's not exactly the source of the problems but it certainly doesn't help.

I'd rather England face Morris than Rabada anyway. Morris did nothing in the warm up game.
Only morris is part of the 4 bowlers is if he comes in for abbot. As they will need to drop one of jp/bavuma to make room for qdk they will need radaba to meet the selection criteria.

Stapel

International Regular
Cardiff was much the same.
Fair enough. I guess our difference stems from what we regard as early on. As a neutral cricket supporter, I found this match quite interesting for a bit longer then (what I see as) early on.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Rabada allows them to drop Duminy and pick de Kock.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Most complete England performance in a long time, openers aside there was contributions from everyone. South Africa obviously in a bit of a mess but this has been so much more impressive than anything we saw in the summer.

Stapel

International Regular
Most complete England performance in a long time, openers aside there was contributions from everyone. South Africa obviously in a bit of a mess but this has been so much more impressive than anything we saw in the summer.
Apart from a gloomy morning in Nottingham.........

Spark

Global Moderator
Fair enough. I guess our difference stems from what we regard as early on. As a neutral cricket supporter, I found this match quite interesting for a bit longer then (what I see as) early on.
Eh I felt that England had pretty good control of the game from late on Day 1. Not a serious advantage, but control.

91Jmay

International Coach
Morris being picked over Rabada would be a joke. Rabada a seriously talented bowler. Abbott though could well be dropped, he was extremely poor for large parts of the test.

social

If Eng win the series, team India would be no 1
And if Oz beat WI 3-0, they will be joint no.1 which is a real concern as:

a. We are, at best, developing with the jury being out on a number of players; and

b. India have only won 3 of their past 27 tests away from home (that is ****ing woeful!).

Trying hard to recall a time when cricket was at a lower ebb

Flem274*

123/5
every team is developing tbf. i guess that's what happens when many of the previous generation retire all at once.

and australia are in that position based on results in the clarke era. harris, johnson, clarke, warner, smith etc is a good bunch of #1 team players

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
And if Oz beat WI 3-0, they will be joint no.1 which is a real concern as:

a. We are, at best, developing with the jury being out on a number of players; and

b. India have only won 3 of their past 27 tests away from home (that is ****ing woeful!).

Trying hard to recall a time when cricket was at a lower ebb
Why does the fact no team is dominant mean cricket is at a low ebb?

Spark

Global Moderator
Probably because of the fact that the best teams are all really, really questionable in terms of all-round quality.

On the other hand, you could argue that so many teams being about the same standard makes for a more interesting period.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
congrats to England and all their fans except GIMP. Great win really, they are always so competitive in SA.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
congrats to England and all their fans except GIMP. Great win really, they are always so competitive in SA.
Tbf my football and alcohol habits have reduced my viewing time of this one greatly so probably fair I don't take all the plaudits. I'll expect your congratulations after the next one though.

social

Why does the fact no team is dominant mean cricket is at a low ebb?

Overall standard is just really iffy

Oz batting was dreadful in England for 3 tests

Kiwis were poor in Oz

SA look shot

Windies UGH

Poms are full of bits and pieces players

India and SL couldn't beat Burgey's son's team away from home

Pakistan might actually be the best team but have plenty of question marks over them as well (drug ban, Amir, potential retirements)