• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

Spark

Global Moderator
Dire. SA run as a formidable side is all over. Infact, when AB, Dale, Morkel and maybe Amla retire, they will become as bad if not worse than west Indies. They should have won a world cup by now because once those players retire it is gonna get ugly.
This is absurd.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tempted to say Root should be motm because he's the only batsman the whole match who has looked at ease. Tough to not give it to Broad for today though.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Brilliant from Stokes........this bloke is gonna be ****ing special. ATG all rounder in the making.

91Jmay

International Coach
Changing my opinion on Stokes vs Marsh as a bowler to agree with Dan. Forgot just how dangerous Stoke's best is. Really not sure Marsh can do this.

Spark

Global Moderator
Changing my opinion on Stokes vs Marsh as a bowler to agree with Dan. Forgot just how dangerous Stoke's best is. Really not sure Marsh can do this.
Not had a chance yet tbf. Marsh has had to bowl on some serious roads for a large portion of his Test career.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Marsh is too hit-the-deck, he'd be more like Finn or Broad here.

91Jmay

International Coach
That Stokes innings as well, the bowing was so much worse than this though.
Yeah Stokes was brutal and SA reacted terribly with ball. Root played through difficult period and survived, Hardus's first two overs were absolutely brutal and he battled through it.

91Jmay

International Coach
Not had a chance yet tbf. Marsh has had to bowl on some serious roads for a large portion of his Test career.
I rate Marsh highly as a bowler, just don't think he has these skills. He is more consistent than Stokes though, and bowls way less filth.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I rate Marsh highly as a bowler, just don't think he has these skills. He is more consistent than Stokes though, and bowls way less filth.
Bowls less filth as he sticks to a plan, Stokes mixes it up way too much at times and it can go horribly wrong.