• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in Pakistan

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
ashes winners said:
Funny to see Kamran Akmal miss the stumping.At least we aren't the only team with a clown behind the stumps.
There's only one clown in world cricket, and he doesn't keep wicket.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
luckyeddie said:
I prefer Bob Willis's version:

"Ian Bell is a far better player now than Paul Collingwood will ever be".
Who was comparing Bell with Collingwood? You can keep comparing him with other players if you want but it doesn't alter the fact that he's need a large number of let-offs almost every time he's scored 50 against Test class opposition.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Dasa said:
I honestly don't see there being a huge problem with a few steps on to the 'danger area'...which is what it usually is, just a step or two before the bowler gets off the pitch.
Until it happens 6 times an over for a session or so...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Barney Rubble said:
This bullet business is very worrying - God forbid one of the England batsmen was shot at.
Most bizarre, and then they called an English security aide on to collect it.

TMS were wondering if that were the right thing under ICC regulations.

I'm sure there must be a rule for such a regular occurance as finding a live bullet on the pitch (!)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
zinzan12 said:
Back at last......Goodish progress by England especially after the 2 quick wickets in a row
Have to say Pietersen's lucky this place was down when he got out.

The number of bread-related posts would've been high I wager.

What a prize idiot.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
UncleTheOne said:
But then I suppose it's the price we have to pay for having such an attacking player in the team, a case of live by the sword, die by the sword.
There's a difference between liv by the sword and what he did though.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
marc71178 said:
Most bizarre, and then they called an English security aide on to collect it.

TMS were wondering if that were the right thing under ICC regulations.

I'm sure there must be a rule for such a regular occurance as finding a live bullet on the pitch (!)
I didn't realise at the time it was a live bullet, meaning it couldn't have actually been shot out of anything. Apparently the suspicion is that one of the armed guards who rushed onto the pitch yesterday during the "explosion break" must have dropped it somehow.

Still bizarre, and must have been pretty scary for Shoaib when he picked it up, too.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
Reading through the BBC report it was seemed like KP or Bell got a let-off every half hour, Bell has to have the most inflated average in Test cricket, anyone else would struggle to average 30 the way he's playing - even including WI and Bangladesh Tests.
He's still ten times the batsman Collingwood is.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
ashes winners said:
Funny to see Kamran Akmal miss the stumping.At least we aren't the only team with a clown behind the stumps.
Although to be fair, Jones hasn't been that bad with gloves so far has he?

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
marc71178 said:
There's a difference between liv by the sword and what he did though.
The guy's only 25, he is massively inexperienced at this level, hopefully he should learn from this much in the way Flintoff has learnt to resist his attacking streak when need be, well most of the time.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
Who was comparing Bell with Collingwood? You can keep comparing him with other players if you want but it doesn't alter the fact that he's need a large number of let-offs almost every time he's scored 50 against Test class opposition.
No, I appreciate that, but having suffered a few of C_C's conspiracy theories in 'Off Topic' I naturally assumed that whenever you mentioned Ian Bell, you had to be working to a hidden agenda.

:D

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
UncleTheOne said:
The guy's only 25, he is massively inexperienced at this level, hopefully he should learn from this much in the way Flintoff has learnt to resist his attacking streak when need be, well most of the time.
Flintoff isn't any better, as long as KP doesn't take on boundary fielders I don't mind too much, he's always going to be unorthodox and look stupid - especially when he gets out. However if Flintoff only played orthodox shots til number 10 and 11 came in he'd average high 40s as far as I'm concerned, but he prefers to revert to village cricketer mode every now and then.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It seems to be the season where everyone is proving me wrong. First Dhoni, now Bell. But as long as the quality of cricket is improving, I am not complaining. :)

ashes winners said:
And ruddy annoying that Inzy was allowed to stay in despite being plumb LBW early in his innings. :-O
What a nerve.

After what happened in the ashes, you are in no position to ever complain about LBW's decisions. :dry:

PY

International Coach
Nothing official of course. ;)

I hadn't even read the other thread with the comments from others but I still chuckle about SW's infactuation with the LBW decisions in the Ashes. :D

Barney Rubble

International Coach
PY said:
Nothing official of course. ;)

I hadn't even read the other thread with the comments from others but I still chuckle about SW's infactuation with the LBW decisions in the Ashes. :D
I still chuckle about the fact that he was in such complete denial about the whole thing, and still claimed only two England players (Strauss and Flintoff I think) would have made a combined Ashes XI. Ignoring the fact that KP was top run-scorer. Those were the days. :D