• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in Pakistan

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
vic_orthdox said:
That's what the little marks are for about two inches outside of the stumps, and about 2 metres down the pitch on the edge. The danger area is actually really small, and the area protected is right in front of the stumps.

Kaneria being a spinner, though, I'm pretty suprised he got pulled up. He's hardly going to tear it up too much. Although if he is standing front and square, right in front of the stumps, it's probably fair enough. And the umpires would have been super-conscious about it after Afridi.
I had no idea that's what those markings were for. Learn something new everyday!

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
End of play, England 391/7, Giles and Udal not out, pretty decent fight back from England me thinks, still Pietersens dismissal was hugely frustrating.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
UncleTheOne said:
End of play, England 391/7, Giles and Udal not out, pretty decent fight back from England me thinks, still Pietersens dismissal was hugely frustrating.
Not to mention hugely unintelligent and self-indulgent. If he'd had the nous to see off the new ball - and Shoaib was never going to bowl for long - then we would have had a real chance to put some pressure on the Pakistanis. Can't see it now.

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
wpdavid said:
Not to mention hugely unintelligent and self-indulgent. If he'd had the nous to see off the new ball - and Shoaib was never going to bowl for long - then we would have had a real chance to put some pressure on the Pakistanis. Can't see it now.
But then I suppose it's the price we have to pay for having such an attacking player in the team, a case of live by the sword, die by the sword.

magsi23

U19 Debutant
Well Pakistan didnt help themselves by droping more than few chances, Excellent fight back by England, though dont see them winning this test match, its definetly going towards a draw if not Pakistan win.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Here's a question for someone less lazy than me to work out:

If Pietersen continues at the same rate he has done, will he become the fastest man to 1000 Test runs? He's currently on 597 after 13 innings.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Was Strauss the current holder of the mark? Because, IIRC, Strauss did it in 13 Tests, and Pieterson is on track to beat that.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
vic_orthdox said:
Was Strauss the current holder of the mark? Because, IIRC, Strauss did it in 13 Tests, and Pieterson is on track to beat that.
Strauss is the holder in terms of time, but I think the Don holds it in terms of innings.

pakster

U19 12th Man
Barney Rubble said:

If Pietersen continues at the same rate he has done, will he become the fastest man to 1000 Test runs? He's currently on 597 after 13 innings.
If he continues at the same rate, he should get to 1000 runs in 9 innings time. 21 Innings to get 1000 runs at an average of 46ish.

*waits for someone to correct his substandard mathematic skills*

Im not sure who the fastest is.

Barney Rubble said:
good innings from Bell and KP, .
Not really. It should be expected. Anything other than that would be very poor.

If you keep giving someone gifts, then so they should go on to get big scores.

ALl they did was play to their averages between the wasted chances.

Choora

State Regular
Barney Rubble said:

And the answer is : IF !!!

nick-o

State 12th Man
Barney Rubble said:

Missed the boat already -- Sutcliffe and Weekes both did it in 12 innings, Bradman in 13

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
Shahid_Afridi_6 said:
Yeah great.

Chanceless.
How I wish Kamran would've accepted that insanely easy stumping chance back when "Belly" was still in the 30s. The guy is lucky as hell.

Pakistan still have the slight advantage, but they really should be in a much better position.

supereddi08

School Boy/Girl Captain
ClownSymonds said:
How I wish Kamran would've accepted that insanely easy stumping chance back when "Belly" was still in the 30s. The guy is lucky as hell.

Pakistan still have the slight advantage, but they really should be in a much better position.
I can't believe how bitter you aussies are about the poms... one series loss and you're all so angry... at work - bitter, at the pub - bitter, in website forums - bitter...