• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in Pakistan

supereddi08

School Boy/Girl Captain
And don't get me wrong I'm not saying Bell wasn't lucky... it's just that a year or two ago you would never have had an aussie cheering for pakistan... let alone caring what happened to england...

Isolator

State 12th Man
supereddi08 said:
I can't believe how bitter you aussies are about the poms... one series loss and you're all so angry... at work - bitter, at the pub - bitter, in website forums - bitter...
Yeah, well, that Scaly chap is always bitter even though they won the Ashes.

supereddi08 said:
And don't get me wrong I'm not saying Bell wasn't lucky... it's just that a year or two ago you would never have had an aussie cheering for pakistan... let alone caring what happened to england...
After being robbed in the Ashes and being so unlucky, I'm not surprised.

Shoaib said:
Shabbir Ahmed was reported because he is a very dangerous bowler & English batsmen know that they don't have the confidence to face him.In the similar way,Afridi has been banned but he is the major hurdle in England's way to win the series in Pakistan.They'll still lose the series despite all their cheap tactics.
Good post.

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
supereddi08 said:
I can't believe how bitter you aussies are about the poms... one series loss and you're all so angry... at work - bitter, at the pub - bitter, in website forums - bitter...
We never liked England in the first place.

ashes winners

Cricket Spectator
Well done KP and Bell,great knocks just when we needed them.Bloody annoying that the cheat Afridi took 2 wickets and is still acting like a smug git but hopefully he will learn to grow up eventually.Still,all in all a good day for England and a poor one for Pakistan.Get a draw here and go all out for the win in the last game when the cheat will be missing.

ashes winners said:
Well done KP and Bell,great knocks just when we needed them.Bloody annoying that the cheat Afridi took 2 wickets and is still acting like a smug git but hopefully he will learn to grow up eventually.Still,all in all a good day for England and a poor one for Pakistan.Get a draw here and go all out for the win in the last game when the cheat will be missing.
They were far from great knocks.

Ruddy annoying that the cheat Bell took a wicket in the first innings, and that the cheat vaughn was changing his position during the deliveries in the tour games though.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Reading through the BBC report it was seemed like KP or Bell got a let-off every half hour, Bell has to have the most inflated average in Test cricket, anyone else would struggle to average 30 the way he's playing - even including WI and Bangladesh Tests. Anyway as regards to the game, if England had got the benefit of a run penalty which should have been dealt out for the twinkle toed cheat (it would have been perfectly just - whether the rules cover it or not), they'd have been on at least parity now, but I still think there's a decent chance of England winning - if they stick around tomorrow and get past Shoaib and wear Pakistan down for the best part of two hours it'll help England's bowling effort significantly.

ashes winners

Cricket Spectator
Shahid_Afridi_6 said:
They were far from great knocks.

Ruddy annoying that the cheat Bell took a wicket in the first innings, and that the cheat vaughn was changing his position during the deliveries in the tour games though.
And ruddy annoying that Inzy was allowed to stay in despite being plumb LBW early in his innings. :-O

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
Reading through the BBC report it was seemed like KP or Bell got a let-off every half hour, Bell has to have the most inflated average in Test cricket, anyone else would struggle to average 30 the way he's playing - even including WI and Bangladesh Tests.
I prefer Bob Willis's version:

"Ian Bell is a far better player now than Paul Collingwood will ever be".

Barney Rubble

International Coach
luckyeddie said:
I prefer Bob Willis's version:

"Ian Bell is a far better player now than Paul Collingwood will ever be".
Ian Bell, Tests 10. Hundreds: 2. Fifties: 5

Paul Collingwood, Tests: 4. Hundreds: 0. Fifties: 0.

I know this isn't much of a way to judge a player, but Bell averages a hundred or a fifty in 70% of his Tests so far - Collingwood 0%. That can't all be luck. He's also got more Test wickets than "all-rounder" Collingwood.

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Reading through the BBC report it was seemed like KP or Bell got a let-off every half hour, Bell has to have the most inflated average in Test cricket, anyone else would struggle to average 30 the way he's playing - even including WI and Bangladesh Tests. Anyway as regards to the game, if England had got the benefit of a run penalty which should have been dealt out for the twinkle toed cheat (it would have been perfectly just - whether the rules cover it or not), they'd have been on at least parity now, but I still think there's a decent chance of England winning - if they stick around tomorrow and get past Shoaib and wear Pakistan down for the best part of two hours it'll help England's bowling effort significantly.
I agree with everything you say besides the bit about England deserving the benefit of a run penalty. Bell is terrible. Besides being let off numerous times, he was beaten continuously and could have edged any one of a large number of balls but was very lucky (as usual) not to. His has to be one of the worst centuries I have ever seen. England do have a decent chance of winning, and will have a great chance of winning if Pakistan collapses like they often do in their second innings. The sad thing is that they shouldn't even be in the game at this point, having been given perhaps 130 extra runs by Pakistan's pathetic fielding. I still think a draw is the most likely result. I'd say there's a 40% chance of a draw, and a 30% chance of a result each way.