• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in Pakistan

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Barney Rubble said:
Bell gone to Afridi, fantastic innings. England can still achieve parity here and give themselves a shot at winning.
They could also be rolled quickly now and end up 80-100 runs behind first innings....given they will bat last that wouldn't be parity !!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
zinzan12 said:
They could also be rolled quickly now and end up 80-100 runs behind first innings....given they will bat last that wouldn't be parity !!
True - but in BR's defence, he said that they 'could', not 'would' - or rather, 'can', not 'will'.

I don't know what I'm doing - a bit like Kareria's appeals.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
zinzan12 said:
Not by a long shot, but if Jones and Giles can put on 50-odd now then I wouldn't bet against them overtaking Pakistan marginally. Harmison's due some runs. :p

Barney Rubble

International Coach
luckyeddie said:
True - but in BR's defence, he said that they 'could', not 'would' - or rather, 'can', not 'will'.

I don't know what I'm doing - a bit like Kareria's appeals.
Or Kaneria's, even. :p

And cheers for the helping hand, LE. I was indeed not saying that they would - I just have my optimistic English hat on today. As I do every day.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Barney Rubble said:
Or Kaneria's, even. :p

And cheers for the helping hand, LE. I was indeed not saying that they would - I just have my optimistic English hat on today. As I do every day.

Of course, everyone knows that it was a typo and that I was referring to Karenina - Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy, a book that has had an almost universal continual appeal since the day it was written - as opposed to Danish Unexplained Bacon Kaneria, who has subjected us to an almost continuous appeal since the day he was born.

An easy mistake for anyone to make, I'm sure you'll agree.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
luckyeddie said:
Of course, everyone knows that it was a typo and that I was referring to Karenina - Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy, a book that has had an almost universal continual appeal since the day it was written - as opposed to Danish Unexplained Bacon Kaneria, who has subjected us to an almost continuous appeal since the day he was born.

An easy mistake for anyone to make, I'm sure you'll agree.
Not the response I expected to my pedantry - far more entertaining. :D

Pakistan don't half have some interesting nicknames - Kaneria's got "Copenhagen", "Pastry", or "Bacon", Salman Butt has "Fish Bum", Inzy has a million very unoriginal girth-related ones, and to some people on this forum (including me) Kamran Akmal is sometimes known as "Asim Kamal". :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
luckyeddie said:
Oh, do us a lemon.

Shabbir Ahmed was reported because, under pressure, he has the worst bowling action since Sir Francis Drake. When he keeps his elbow straight, he's as dangerous as a rabid fish.
You know for almost a page of posts, his idiotic comments were ignored and this thread was fine. Did you really have to reply? Did you gain anything? Its not like you're going to have a reasonable discussion with him.

I don't understand why certain posters on this board (they know who they are) reply to trolls all the time. Do they do it for fun? Because its pretty palpable that they're not going to change their mind by discussing the issue.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
The TMS commentators are discussing whether Shoaib's gesture towards Pietersen on dismissing him was "chicken" or "turkey". Not sure what difference it makes to be honest.

supereddi08

School Boy/Girl Captain
Only took Bell about a further half hour or so after KP to get 100... if he hadn't been out there for a while before KP this wouldn't have been a bad thing *yawn*

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Jono said:
I don't understand why certain posters on this board (they know who they are) reply to trolls all the time. Do they do it for fun? Because its pretty palpable that they're not going to change their mind by discussing the issue.
I know I'm probably one of the ones you included in that, and it was brought to my attention by Neil last night - I'm making a conscious effort not to do it any more, just so you know. :)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jono said:
You know for almost a page of posts, his idiotic comments were ignored and this thread was fine. Did you really have to reply? Did you gain anything? Its not like you're going to have a reasonable discussion with him.

You know, you're right. Tell you what - I just shan't bother replying to anyone any more.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Wow, what important innings from Bell and Pietersen earlier today! Great work from the two of them, and as a result, this series ain't gone yet. Excellent fightback from the Poms and it sounds like Pakistan blew more than a few chances. Can England still win this?

In spite of a degree of bad feeling, it seems like a great series so far. Shame it's only three tests.

supereddi08

School Boy/Girl Captain
Slow Love™ said:
Wow, what important innings from Bell and Pietersen earlier today! Great work from the two of them, and as a result, this series ain't gone yet. Excellent fightback from the Poms and it sounds like Pakistan blew more than a few chances. Can England still win this?

In spite of a degree of bad feeling, it seems like a great series so far. Shame it's only three tests.
Chances? That stumping miss on bell was inexcusable... Pietersen should have been caught by Kanieria (spelling?) too...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Dasa said:
But in the case of a no-ball, it is clear where the line is...which isn't the case with the 'danger area'. Perhaps a line should be painted on the pitch indicating the 'danger area', or something similar.
That's what the little marks are for about two inches outside of the stumps, and about 2 metres down the pitch on the edge. The danger area is actually really small, and the area protected is right in front of the stumps.

Kaneria being a spinner, though, I'm pretty suprised he got pulled up. He's hardly going to tear it up too much. Although if he is standing front and square, right in front of the stumps, it's probably fair enough. And the umpires would have been super-conscious about it after Afridi.