• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

Skyliner

International 12th Man
‘Wagner conceded what’s believed to be the most expensive nine-over spell in test history as Ollie Pope, Joe Root and Harry Brook feasted on a diet of unhealthy short-pitched balls which carried very little spice.

That Wagner was left on by skipper Tim Southee and encouraged to maintain the high-risk approach was eyebrow-raising.’

Howe_zat

Audio File
Englands success with the ball recently is down to the seamers being economical though , Robinson and Anderson in particular are giving no runs away
Yeah, I'm not being especially serious. That said, in Pakistan they were happy to sacrifice the spinners' figures to make it happen.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, I'm not being especially serious. That said, in Pakistan they were happy to sacrifice the spinners' figures to make it happen.
Indeed, in the end Robinson and Anderson are parsimonious bowlers, and the entire system they've built, by bowling the spinners even if they're tonked, means they can bowl to their maximum efficiency.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Only because we’re bowling well too though. Not like we’re racking huge totals up
someone put it best earlier, i think, when they said the whole “bazball” thing’s strength is more a case of, it helps to level a skill gap or a conditions gap by not letting the more skilled bowlers or the familiar with conditions bowlers “bowl at you” and set the batsmen up

Flem274*

123/5
someone put it best earlier, i think, when they said the whole “bazball” thing’s strength is more a case of, it helps to level a skill gap or a conditions gap by not letting the more skilled bowlers or the familiar with conditions bowlers “bowl at you” and set the batsmen up
yep. it wasn't meant as an insult. it's smart. nz did it to england in that 2015(?) test they won where there was inconsistent bounce day 1 so hesson told them to just smack it 1st innings or anderson and broad would eat them alive. ronchi got runs. pitch settled down and watling tonned up second dig.