• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Goldenarmchopa picks up the breakthrough.

Agree it would have been nice if Wheeler had been selected. And Gillespie and Anderson both picking up niggles is horrible.

Flem274*

123/5
If Gillespie and Anderson have ****ed themselves will England allow us to sub in a couple of players to make batting worthwhile for them if they want/need to bat again?

Not that McCone bowling to this lot fills me with any confidence. Is he really the number three left armer? Littlejohn just read the most wickets stats and never watched the footage imo. With due respect to McCone he doesn't look to have the assets that scream pick me.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I doubt they'll play him as 4th seamer, he doesn't bowl enough overs to be considered as such, and Williamson's the only other one who can bowl in the team. They'll want someone who can bowl plenty of overs.

It would be nice to add a bit of strength to the tail though.

Last edited:

Blain

U19 Captain
Patel going the distance today... God dammit Anderson!!! Hope it's not serious. Wheeler just came back from injury, they probably dont want to push him too much.

jcas0167

International Debutant
I doubt they'll play him as 4th seamer, he doesn't bowl enough overs to be considered as such, and Williamson's the only other one who can bowl in the team.

It would be nice to add a bit of strength to the tail though.
Has Fulton ever bowled? I always thought with his height he could have been handy as a medium pacer or spinner.

Mike5181

International Captain
Brownlie can bowl a bit. I doubt they would go in without a proper spinner, at least not in the first test match anyway. B Martin, Southee, Boult, Bracewell + Williamson will be the attack.

Flem274*

123/5
Fulton
Rutherford/Latham
Williamson
Taylor
McCullum
Brownlie
Watling
Bracewell
Martin
Southee
Boult

Was always going to be the team unless Gillespie or Wagner found god mode. It's just a matter of who the reserve seamers are. They were looking at Gillespie being the right armer reserve and Wagner being Boult's reserve.

I'd personally have had Wheeler ahead of Wagner but it sounds like Wagner was bowling well this morning so fair play to him. If Gillespie is out I think they will bring in a full time right arm bowler. Ian Butler maybe?

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Did the radio just say Broom is out for the rest of the season with concussion?

****ing hell, this game is doing us more harm than good.:ph34r: