• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in New Zealand 2019

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Another T20 today, 2 games in as many as 3 days. I'd like to watch at the ground but not T20. Still not warmed up to T20 internationals unless it's a world cup. Wellington crowd don't come in good numbers but they may do for T20s.

Howsie

International Captain
I wonder how long we’ll have to put up with Munro this summer. Surely if he doesn’t score a run he’s gone by February, it’s been three years now.....

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
boooo play tickner, kuggs and lockie. i want to see new players in the muck about stuff.
I expect for the next year or so we'll see new players play and Test regulars rested from ODIs, ensuring no-one cares, and T20 lineups to be close to full strength even though no-one cares about those anyway, because of the T20WC. Dire times.

Flem274*

123/5
is mahmood another one of those english bowlers who is 155kph under home speed radars and 135kph overseas?

BSM

U19 Cricketer
is mahmood another one of those english bowlers who is 155kph under home speed radars and 135kph overseas?
Na he's never really been considered very very quick and has always been around that 85mph mark as an average, just quite an aggressive bowler who usually bowls extremely well at the death. Think he has the potential to do well personally

Flem274*

123/5
Na he's never really been considered very very quick and has always been around that 85mph mark as an average, just quite an aggressive bowler who usually bowls extremely well at the death. Think he has the potential to do well personally
ah ok, nasser was pumping him up as 90mph

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Only going off of what I've seen on the tv tbf but I'm not sure I've never actually see him hit 90mph, or at least consistently anyway. His action definitely makes it look like it should come out quicker than it does

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think Nasser probably just read his cricinfo profile tbh:

cricinfo said:
Mahmood stands out most when reversing the ball later in an innings, and has regularly been clocked at 90mph
I've never seen him bowl that quickly either. High 130s to low 140s (or mid 80s) in my admittedly limited experience watching him.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Commentators right that that was a dumb shot from CDG - totally ignored the context of the match e.g. having just lost a wicket. The perennial CDG problem.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Neesham's not quite as versatile as some other finishers around, but at least when the bowler misses his length he'll launch it.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
$60 per ticket, which is about twice what most people would be happy to pay.

I'd be fine with $35 ... but $60 is out of control, especially for a meaningless international 20-20.

So I stayed home, first international game I've missed in Wellington for years.

Shame, coz I was keen to buy some new merch before heading over the the Boxing Day test, as well.