• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in New Zealand 2019

vandem

International 12th Man
boooo play tickner, kuggs and lockie. i want to see new players in the muck about stuff.
And Phillips!? Great run for the 22 year old operner in CPL (374 runs avge 37 SR 144) but instead they pick the 32 and 33 year old openers in a semi-serious T20 series.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fun game to watch. That NZ line-up seemed to work pretty well, although I'd like to see Tickner get a game or two through the rest of the series.

Awesome all-round performance from Jordan.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah was planning on going today, but when I found out about the $50/60 price tag, and considering the fact that both teams were missing 3 or 4 frontline players I decided nah. If the NZC is going to charge that much they may as well at least schedule the game at the Basin to provide a decent viewing experience for the fans.

Was a fun enough game to watch though. Neesham really is a splendid hitter of the cricket ball. Wouldn’t mind him getting another go in tests some time in the future.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
It's the same prices for the other t20 series v aus and India too but I managed to get the black caps presale so at least my tickets were like 45 bucks or something, still pretty expensive though

Moss

First time in a really long time I haven't bothered to wake up early and at least check on the score in a game held in NZ, says a bit about how engaging this series feels. Wish they'd look at bringing in a tri-series format much like the one that was held last year with these two teams and Australia, instead of 5 match bilateral series.

Fully agree with Flem that it'd be good to see more of the fringe or newish players be more involved in the NZ lineup. One reason obviously is to give them a chance to settle into international cricket. But the other thing for me is, with all this buildup planned for the T20 World Cup I really hope it isn't a repeat of the 50-over WC scenario where they are so intent on playing (what they see as) the best XI in practically every game and become so inflexible that by the time the tournament arrives there are no readymade replacements for out of form players. Aside from the current squad, would definitely want Phillps and maybe even Bruce, Chapman and someone like Kyle Jaimeson in the mix.

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
$60 for a t20 :lol:
This is rubbish. A record breaking weather day in NZ (yes, they couldn't have predicted that), a perfect day to get that stadium near on filled up. $60 is an absolute joke, and the crowd looked to have reacted to it by not turning out. $60 is too much for an ODI let alone a T20. What was the door charge at Hagley?

The Hutt Rec

This is rubbish. A record breaking weather day in NZ (yes, they couldn't have predicted that), a perfect day to get that stadium near on filled up. $60 is an absolute joke, and the crowd looked to have reacted to it by not turning out. $60 is too much for an ODI let alone a T20. What was the door charge at Hagley?
I think it’s the same for every match this series. Hagley as least is easier to fill to capacity though, and a nicer viewing experience, so that creates a bit of demand I guess. As someone else said, I’d consider $60 for a 20-20 at the Basin a lot more seriously!

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
If you're a NZC Presale member the tickets are $48, or $42.25 for a 4 pack.
$45 sounds about right. I completely get the membership/pre-sale thing, but $60 clearly scared away a lot of people. And what's a four-pack? Across different formats?

jcas0167

International Debutant
Sat in the family section. It was exciting to see Ferguson bowling live and some power hitting from de Grandhomme & Neesham in particular. I'm guessing that all those dropped catches were due to players looking into the sun? That probably cost England the game, as Neesham in particular made them pay.

Jordan is such a powerful hitter, it seemed like a risky move to bring Santner on to bowl after he'd smashed Sodhi. But it paid off. Amazing he couldn't make England's WC line up. Also, de Grandhomme must have the safest pair of hands in world cricket, or near to it.

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Sat in the family section. It was exciting to see Ferguson bowling live and some power hitting from de Grandhomme & Neesham in particular. I'm guessing that all those dropped catches were due to players looking into the sun? That probably cost England the game, as Neesham in particular made them pay.

Jordan is such a powerful hitter, it seemed like a risky move to bring Santner on to bowl after he'd smashed Sodhi. But it paid off. Amazing he couldn't make England's WC line up. Also, de Grandhomme must have the safest pair of hands in world cricket, or near to it.
Malan's was the best. He dropped his sitter after predicting such a fate through the on-field mic to the commentators, and dropped it with a pair of sunglasses on his head as he put his hand up to shield the sun before shelling it. Brilliance.

To be fair, it could have been lost in the backdrop of all the empty seats too.

jcas0167

International Debutant
haha, classic. That reminds me, Malan's six onto the roof was another highlight - Guptill & McMillan are the only others I can recall doing that at the Cake Tin.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great to see Tick in the team today, although the fact that he's replacing Mitchell makes it a bit of a long tail.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Bit of early drama in the producers' room, someone senses they might be about to focus on a breast feeding moment and quickly cuts back on field.