• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in New Zealand 2019

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have had enough of this de Grandhomme nonsense. Can someone just slog him into the stand, it never even happened in the World Cup final.

fredfertang

Burns the obvious candidate if he can cement his place in the side. At least he's done it at FC level, and pretty successfully too. Stokes wouldn't be pleased, but I think that he has enough on his plate already. Plus I don't know when he last captained a side.
I'd like to see Stokes get the job, but not until he's no longer a front line bowler - in the meantime Burns a possibility, or Broad if he can use the reviews sensibly

Woodster

International Captain
Perfect example of an umpire making a wild guess with that Pope LBW. He was that far down the pitch I’m not sure how Oxenford could, with any degree of certainty, say that was hitting. Poor decision from a decent umpire.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
God we really have to find room for Lockie for Australia. high 120s low 130s will just be devoured.

NZTailender

England could/should get plenty here. Pope/Stokes/Buttler/Curran against an aging ball on a flattening track.
Honestly I think England's talk of gritty sensible cricket before game has made the first day look tougher than it probably could've been.

91Jmay

International Coach
I wasn't being entirely serious but when captaincy is absolutely railing your best Test batsman (who could be in with a shout for best England bat ever) and there are no other alternatives maybe a temporary measure for 2-3 years while you groom someone who can actually nail down a spot for more than 1 series isn't the worst idea.
Flaw in your plan being Morgan is an utterly ****e First class bat.

NZTailender

Remember the days Tim Southee could swing the ball at 140?
Tim in his glory days could get a bit of speed and could swing, sparingly using his off cutter slower ball wide of the crease to great effect.

Now he seems to bowl that off cutter as standard.

Pothas

Well that was unexpected. Could get used to those two batting together though. Lets not mess this up now.

91Jmay

International Coach
****ing idiotic shot. Looked so comfortable, big hundred missed. NZ well back into this with one more.

NZTailender

There was an interesting shot of Williamson discussing plans with Boult, wiping his hand on his forehead before shining the ball. Clearly tampering. Kane loading the ball with his big brain mental energy surely contributing to that wicket

thierry henry

International Coach
NZT I'm unimpressed by you running this "you're not allowed to bowl in the 130s" narrative just ftr

(and although it's completely meaningless I also note Boult has been hitting low 140s today anyway)