• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I stand by what I said on day 1 then, i'd be happy to set India 200 to win the match. If it breaks up they won't get that many.
Wouldn't be so sure. As we saw today, these blokes actually do know how to bat.

For my money England will be all out early on the final day and India will fall short (by about 50 runs or so) in the chase.

Who knows though. Still dont think this is going to be a draw.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Botham just said he thought England's superior fitness was key at the end of the day's play. Thoughts?

Dhoni was cramping up, tbf.
Stupid comment. England are fitter overall. Had nothing to do with anything at the end.

The idea that Dhoni isn't fit is ridiculous. One of the fittest cricketers in the world.

Spark

Global Moderator
It would have actually been even funnier if he was dismissed by Bresnan for 99, but I'm not going to be picky about it. One of the great moments.
I actually considered embellishing with more quotes to just rub it in, but I think it speaks for itself.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well there goes most of the advantage.

Pretty much confirms what a completely ****e pitch it is when Dhoni can score 99.

Spark

Global Moderator
Stupid comment. England are fitter overall. Had nothing to do with anything at the end.

The idea that Dhoni isn't fit is ridiculous. One of the fittest cricketers in the world.
Yeah the fact that he got so close to completing that single - a suicide single if ever there was one - is testament itself. He's probably the only one who could've got that close.

Spark

Global Moderator
Seriously Dhoni is ****ing rapid. He's hit a ball at pace almost straight to a fairly close-in mid-off who's hit the stumps at the non-strikers and been out by an inch or two. That's seriously quick. Some Test bats wouldn't have got past halfway.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
En route to Sheffield and already drunk but relatively pleased with the closing score given the position an hour or so before close

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didn't see what beefy said but was he on about the fact that England stuck at it after two wicketless sessions and bounced back yet India if in the same situation would have crumbled in the last session? Only reason I can think for saying that unless he is just going down the ex player spouting off to get a rise from opposition route.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Seriously Dhoni is ****ing rapid. He's hit a ball at pace almost straight to a fairly close-in mid-off who's hit the stumps at the non-strikers and been out by an inch or two. That's seriously quick. Some Test bats wouldn't have got past halfway.
and he actually went around anderson. had he ran straight down the pitch, he would've made it comfortably.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This is a **** pitch, but it's been such an absorbing Test match. I'd be a bit of a hypocrite to call it great cricket based on the contest after my moaning about Adelaide, but I'm really excited for England's innings. So much pressure, pretty flaky batting lineup, series on the line. Can't wait.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Didn't see what beefy said but was he on about the fact that England stuck at it after two wicketless sessions and bounced back yet India if in the same situation would have crumbled in the last session? .
thats a good point you have made here.

india would've given up even after the 1st session.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Both did qualify his statement slightly; he meant India wouldn't have been able to press home the advantage after a long day in the field like England could once an end was open, as it were.

Anyway, intriguingly poised game.

India being bowled out for something like parity (give or take 20 runs either way) possibly gives them a better chance of victory than batting on until tea tomorrow and declaring with a big lead would've done.

Longer to bowl England out (obvz) and the visitors haven't exactly had the scoreboard ticking, so we could end up with a potentially exciting chase for the home team on the last day. If India need (say) 200 off 30 overs it'd be interesting to see how big a crack they give it.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is a **** pitch, but it's been such an absorbing Test match. I'd be a bit of a hypocrite to call it great cricket based on the contest after my moaning about Adelaide, but I'm really excited for England's innings. So much pressure, pretty flaky batting lineup, series on the line. Can't wait.
To be honest if that was a dead rubber and the series was won by one side none of us would be watching it. Awful wicket but the match/series situation is just about keeping us interested. If England are 180-2 at close tomorrow it will be a boring day 5 as they won't declare.