• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Watching on delay but fast forwarding between balls has brought me up to date.

My thoughts:

1. The below posts are pretty poor:
Basically we have a wicket that appears to be taking as much skill out of the game as possible and reducing it to a lottery - plus umpiring that's exacerbating that fact.

I'm taking it as a complement that India don't think they can win a straight fight...
Shooter.

I daresay just about anyone would love this deck. I fancy a bowl tbh
Acting as if this is shooting pitch. Its a **** pitch, I agree with Spark. Not good for cricket. But **** me I would HATE to have to bowl on this. Yeah I could have an economy rate of 1.8, but do you realise how hard it is to get a wicket on this? To say this pitch is a lottery is ridiculous. And to suggest any bowler would want to bowl on this is crazy. Its a slow boring pitch. Woudn't want to bat on it, but wouldn't fear for my wicket on this pitch either. And I definitely wouldn't want to bowl on it.

I mean look at the wickets. A **** Compton shot, incorrect decision against Cook, horrible leave by Trott and Bell being Bell.

Yeah real lottery. :sleep:

2. Sunil Gavaskar is so ****. Why the **** did he think Cook was out, both live and on replay? ****ing want to smack him in the face.

3. Ravi Shastri thinking KP was out for that run out appeal, wtf was he smoking? Live I knew he was safe, and the only reason I doubted myself was how positive Ravi sounded that KP was out. WAC. Come on man.

4. Chawla may have got a wicket, but what a disgraceful selection. 2nd seamer on this would have been so ****ing handy.

5. Thank **** both Broad and Finn are injured. Pretty lucky or India. Agre with those that say Onions would have been handy, but I'm not going to rule out Bresnan from succeeding yet. That being said, India should go after him.

6. To reiterate my above point, this really is a **** cricket wicket. Won't have any arguments from me here (as opposed to Ahmedebad).

7. Jadeja's hair is awesome.

CWB304

U19 Cricketer
you said Bell & KP and we all know KP has gone since then so don't take too much credit you were just half right.
You ought to read more carefully what I wrote at the time. I clearly distinguished between KP and Bell. The former I wrote was a very good batsman who had lost his way, but had the opportunity to get back to where he had been in the past once he got a bit of confidence and stopped tinkering with his technique. By contrast I maintained in the face of much hostility and hilarity that the latter was not and never had been good enough.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jono thankful for opposition injuries. Out of character.
You know what I meant, no need to be a douche. Its unfortunate, but in terms of "lucky otherwise if England had Anderson and Finn Eng would be advantage" since India stuffed their selection.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
You ought to read more carefully what I wrote at the time. I clearly distinguished between KP and Bell. The former I wrote was a very good batsman who had lost his way, but had the opportunity to get back to where he had been in the past once he got a bit of confidence and stopped tinkering with his technique. By contrast I maintained in the face of much hostility and hilarity that the latter was not and never had been good enough.
You clearly wanted both of them dropped for Bairstow and I don't remember who else.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
LOL @ Shastri. Said Ishant Sharma has been really useful to the side even when he wasn't taking wickets because he 'keeps it tight'. What planet has he been on?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah just came here to post that. Anyone who think par on this wicket is less than 300 has lost their mind.

Still love Colly, but that's a stupid comment.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
I think Eng have got paranoid of the sweep or something. Packed offside field, slow low bounce with no turn, why the **** can't you sweep the balls from outside off? (maybe not the straight ones but duh)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wasn't here when you first made that post, but suuuuuuuuuuuuuuurely you're not the one to be making posts on this topic. Sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeely.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wasn't here when you first made that post, but suuuuuuuuuuuuuuurely you're not the one to be making posts on this topic. Sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeely.
Look I have no idea she actually is but when I see her in the crowd and I think she looks too young then that's really saying something, surely?