• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Molehill

International Captain
Nick Knight saying that if England lost two wickets quickly after lunch they would have folded but India fought back well after losing those wickets.

He's probably right but he should at least make an attempt to wave the Union Jack rather than waving the Indian fflag and taking the easy rupees.

Maybe I just expect too much from Nick Knight,
1. Never expect anything of use from Knight
2. On this rare occasion, he's right

Bahseph

State Captain
I've been impressed with Crawley this series so took a look at his stats. It was my surprise that he somehow averages less in wins than his career average. I always viewed him as the guy who gets England ahead when he comes off. Caught me off guard!

Molehill

International Captain
I've been impressed with Crawley this series so took a look at his stats. It was my surprise that he somehow averages less in wins than his career average. I always viewed him as the guy who gets England ahead when he comes off. Caught me off guard!
He averages over 50 in his last 11 Tests, 10 of which were against Aus and India (he didn't exactly massively pad his average against Ireland either in the other one). He's only just turned 26, starting to look like the plan to stick with him was a pretty astute one.

ma1978

International 12th Man
He averages over 50 in his last 11 Tests, 10 of which were against Aus and India (he didn't exactly massively pad his average against Ireland either in the other one). He's only just turned 26, starting to look like the plan to stick with him was a pretty astute one.
Kid can play. He’s become a bit more game savvy and understands how to play out more difficult bowlera which complements some natural talent. I was a skeptic but he’s taken it up a couple gears

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
That will make the cucumber sandwiches go down better.... Gotta love funny Swanny :laugh:

It also kind of blows my mind how I think of him as a long term spinner for England, and his Test career started more than 5 years after Jimmy and finished more than 10 years ago and Jimmy is still going like Peter Pan.

Last edited:

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Hartley started the series well but faded. If you told me a guy with six FC games and 10 wickets would be the best spinner on a tour of India a year ago I would not have believed you.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Per the betting websites, the current over/under for Indias innings is around 535. Don’t see india needing to bat again if they get close to that

Socerer 01

International Captain
Hartley started the series well but faded. If you told me a guy with six FC games and 10 wickets would be the best spinner on a tour of India a year ago I would not have believed you.
screw his lack of experience, he’s got good skills worth developing

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Per the betting websites, the current over/under for Indias innings is around 535. Don’t see india needing to bat again if they get close to that
England will get bowled out for 150 midway through Day 3. Fly to Dubai the same night, two extra days of golf.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Leach, surely?
Don't know - seems more injury prone these days and I don't feel they've ever quite trusted him at home. I'd have said Hartley would have been first choice a couple of weeks ago, but not only has his bowling faded, his batting is just slog mode.