• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Hmm why is Mark Wood bowling now with the non-reversing old ball and getting caned when the new ball is due in a few overs? Yeah he might also get caned with the new ball, but with the variable seam movement on offer wouldn't you at least want your 2 seamers to be fresh for your last throw of the dice in this game with the new ball?

Also Joey doesn't wanna bowl anymore?
Wood has been really poor. Only 4 wickets in the series at 71.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Wood has had his day. Has been a good player for England over the years (particularly last summer), but he plainly doesn't have a lot of mileage left on the clock (an observation that I make independently of anything that has happened in this series). Should be looking to give younger players a chance in the next few series rather than persisting with him and the likes of Woakes (sorry RIS) imo.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Wood has had his day. Has been a good player for England over the years (particularly last summer), but he plainly doesn't have a lot of mileage left on the clock (an observation that I make independently of anything that has happened in this series). Should be looking to give younger players a chance in the next few series rather than persisting with him and the likes of Woakes (sorry RIS) imo.
Oh come on you're joking. He's bowling close to 150 kph. You have to be in bloody good shape to do that. Only a handful in history have ever done it. It's just a quiet series. He'll be back in black.

edit: yeah pace isn't everything. But he's a damn good bowler most of the time in my eyes

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Wood is great, but he's an old man with a questionable (at best) injury record. He patently isn't the future. Given England are playing total dross in their next few series it's the perfect chance to try out new bowlers who might actually be capable of forming the spine of the team for the next 4-5 years or whatever. There's nothing really to be gained by letting loose Wood and Woakes etc. on garbage oppo who they'll easily dismantle.

King Kane

International Debutant
Nick Knight saying that if England lost two wickets quickly after lunch they would have folded but India fought back well after losing those wickets.

He's probably right but he should at least make an attempt to wave the Union Jack rather than waving the Indian fflag and taking the easy rupees.

Maybe I just expect too much from Nick Knight,