• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know there is excitement around Hartley and Bashir here but to be completely honest, I would still bet on Rehan before these two. I hope they go better but I feel their performances maybe similar to what Pope produced the first test.
Bashir looks comfortably better than the other two imo. Really accurate, and seemed to handle pressure well. Underrated thing was there were many times the ball thudded into the pads and he didn't do a broad by getting overexcited and ask for a review just because. Mature head.

R!TTER

First Class Debutant
This was a tailor made wicket for him, tall bowler/pitch up & down & bowling in second/fourth innings of the game. He's done well but there will be much tougher conditions to bowl in, especially in Aus or Eng. His control was generally good so there's that, if he can keep that control over longer period of time he will have a decade plus long career.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
I know it's stating the obvious, but the 2-1 series score line once again supports the argument about the huge advantage of winning the toss in India (and of course batting). I recall OS in the past arguing this is some sort of myth but I've never seen any evidence to support this outside India still winning some games after losing the toss and batted second - but that's more of a function of how strong they are at home.

I stand to be corrected, but I'm assuming every Test win from an away team in India in the last decade or so has been achieved after they won the toss and batted.
@OverratedSanity India won the match despite losing the toss and conceding a first innings deficit..Myth confirmed once again bro ..Toss is not a foregone conclusion that you win in Subcontinent.

Chin Music

State 12th Man
698. It's a question were all asking.
It was baffling that he didn't get the new ball yesterday when Rohit was going guns blazing early doors. That's when he should have bowled. However, the damage was done yesterday with the batting not holding up under pressure. Needed at least 250+ lead to enforce the pressure.

Gob

International Coach
When Pant returns and keeps, what would India's best xi be?

Rohit
Jaiswal
Gill
Kohli
Rahul
Pant
Jadeja
Ashwin
Bumrah
Shami
Siraj

Very strong on paper. Looks good to win the 3rd consecutive away BG series

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There was a video of Pant doing keeping practice posted somewhere recently

He’s not close judging from that

Dissector

International Debutant
This series is huge in the context of India's remarkable home test series win streak over the last decade. India is obviously going through a transitional phase with a bunch of aging players and on top of that there were multiple absences of key players for different reasons. Then you have England with their Baz-ball momentum pulling off a remarkable win in the first test. India's home streak seemed in real danger but they fought back really well over the last 3 tests with their new players really coming good. Jaiswal's double hundred in the second test was huge. If India had been blow out for 200 in that first innings, the series might have gone in a different direction.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Well played India. Feels like a reverse of England's first Bazball series vs NZ where the Kiwis kept taking first innings leads and competing hard but England kept coming back to win. Crazy Test from Jurel - if Bharat was still playing I think we win this.

anil1405

International Captain
This series is huge in the context of India's remarkable home test series win streak over the last decade. India is obviously going through a transitional phase with a bunch of aging players and on top of that there were multiple absences of key players for different reasons. Then you have England with their Baz-ball momentum pulling off a remarkable win in the first test. India's home streak seemed in real danger but they fought back really well over the last 3 tests with their new players really coming good. Jaiswal's double hundred in the second test was huge. If India had been blow out for 200 in that first innings, the series might have gone in a different direction.
Yeah, huge series win considering we were 0-1 down, missing key players yet came out strong from tough situations throughout the series.

Jaiswal proving his worth, Gill showing some determination, Jurel with a great debut series. Some good signs.

danzydab

U19 12th Man
If only KS Bharat was playing instead of Jurel, he has taken this game away from England

Bairstow shouldnt have thrown his wicket away in both innings where he was looking good