• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
why did james anderson, who has taken 696 wickets, only bowl 3 overs when england required wickets to win the game
That's a very fair question. At the risk of repeating myself, it was nonsense not to give him the new ball yesterday, and he was probably worth a try once the 6th wicket pair looked settled.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Indian fans catching the train home, still thinking they could lose with the stumps drawn, all the players back at the hotel and the trophy having already been presented.
Did you honestly think it was comfortable when they jadeja and sarfaraz back to back? I mean, props if so, you should become an India fan.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Fair play to India - great partnership from Gill and Jural under alot of pressure.

We bowled really well, Bashir and Hartley bowled well but in the end the damage done yesterday was telling.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
In these last two tests, we've had strong contributions from basically everyone from 1 to 11 (cant think of anyone who didnt contribute except Patidar) at some stage. That's what's so pleasing, honestly. Surprising lack of passengers despite the inexperience.
Think they'll do ok in Aus? With Kohli and Rohit providing ballast, it might be a fun tour.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Once again, this was a lot more comfortable for India than you'd guess from reading Indian posters in this thread.
Can’t read the Indian match threads tbh. Sometimes I get caught up in the pessimism too if I read too much. So I mostly avoid the Indian match threads on most days.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think they'll do ok in Aus? With Kohli and Rohit providing ballast, it might be a fun tour.
Id be satisfied with a live test match win. Australia have looked a little vulnerable these last few months but we're too dependent on Bumrah in the bowling front at the moment especially if Shami isn't 100%, he's been out for a while. Obviously how Pant looks when he comes back is a huge factor too. Hope he doesnt put too much pressure on himself.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I cant believe the idiotic debate around a basic fact - this Indian side for the last two seasons has been the weakest we have put up in a long long time. And given that, and the fact that there seems to be a real regression in levels from Jaddu and Ash and Axar not stepping up, these were genuine opportunities for the fellow pig 3 teams to try and win here. As I said, they should have fancied themselves being able to beat this lot even in Indian conditions.

I hope Jurel can be the real deal. Hope Pant also comes back. Hope Gill can build on his good work this series. And hope that Sarfraz can replicate a lot of his domestic success here. I get the feeling the team will be far stronger next time Eng or Aus tour here.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Harsh on Bumrah to be made to sit out the game that clinched the series. That said, do we even need him for the dead rubber? Might as well leave out Siraj and give Mukesh another go in conditions he's touted to be good in.
Yeah I would probably not play Bumrah as much as I want to see him.

for me, all eyes on that tour to Australia. Need everyone healthy. It’s a five Test series and India at least drawing that series would be unbelievable and will need Bumrah there. I’d want him to try to play every match there.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I know there is excitement around Hartley and Bashir here but to be completely honest, I would still bet on Rehan before these two. I hope they go better but I feel their performances maybe similar to what Pope produced the first test.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Good parallel to 2018 this if it ends up being 4-1 at the end. Scoreline not quite representative of series quality.
Yeah same sentiment expressed in the real platinum lounge too. Definitely think England's batting should be shaping up to be the best in the world real soon, if not already, across conditions.