• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jurel MoM or riots.
Really deserved a ton in the first innings. Insanely mature knocks. Without them India lose comfortably.

England's problem this series has been a lack of consistency. Crawley's done well throughout the series but Root, Pope and Duckett had one great innings and bugger all else, whereas Stokes and Bairstow have achieved Sweet FA. Meanwhile you've had the issue of the spinners largely being very raw other than Leach who broke down early.

India have carried a fair few passengers but their best players have been consistently excellent which has proved the difference.

All that said, England have competed a lot better than most. The only side that I think has been noticeably more competitive in India in the last decade was peak Smith Australia, although I suppose you could also make a case for the Australia series last year.

White Ball

State 12th Man
Jurel MoM for me his 90 cut the lead to 46 proved crucial plus his knock today I think seals it although if Ashwin gets it will be well deserved too.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Harsh on Bumrah to be made to sit out the game that clinched the series. That said, do we even need him for the dead rubber? Might as well leave out Siraj and give Mukesh another go in conditions he's touted to be good in.

King Kane

International Debutant
A shame this series won't be going to a 5th test decider, it looked like it would be until England collapsed in a heap yesterday and swung it India's way.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
For all the talk of England needing another 50, the way Jurel's batted another 100 may not have been enough. Kudos to the lad and well played India. I know it feels a bit like like a missed opportunity, but India have been better than us in the key moments in this test.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India have carried a fair few passengers but their best players have been consistently excellent which has proved the difference.
In these last two tests, we've had strong contributions from basically everyone from 1 to 11 (cant think of anyone who didnt contribute except Patidar) at some stage. That's what's so pleasing, honestly. Surprising lack of passengers despite the inexperience.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Once again, this was a lot more comfortable for India than you'd guess from reading Indian posters in this thread.
Indian fans catching the train home, still thinking they could lose with the stumps drawn, all the players back at the hotel and the trophy having already been presented.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
India continue their record for longest streak for most series without a loss - 17 series in a row now! Australia second and third with 10 series without a loss.