• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Border played for queensland in the shield, we will gladly accept him as an honorary Queenslander. I would rather live in the metropolis of Brisbane CBD then the corrupt, eshay infested, cramped, traffic ridden streets of sydney. When I was in Sydney recently it felt like I was walking around beenleigh train station, had to maintain a constant aura of skuxness and keep my wits about me, or face the wrath of teenagers draped in adidas, stabbing me to claim their ownership of my air jordan's.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Apart from the fact he's averaging more in this period than the rest of his career....
I don't know why people keep saying this. The rest of his career was a million tests, with many of them when he was young and later with an under performing batting lineup around him. With a lineup that is now flourishing with him in the peak of his career, he really should be averaging much more imo.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Probably as a result of having fewer FC teams, and also having played less Tests (over 200).

And maybe having fewer ****e periods when you go through loads trying to find someone of Test standard.
I don't know why people keep saying this. The rest of his career was a million tests, with many of them when he was young and later with an under performing batting lineup around him. With a lineup that is now flourishing with him in the peak of his career, he really should be averaging much more imo.
Yeah this. You should be comparing now with his mini Bradman spell leading into now.

Molehill

International Captain
Yeah this. You should be comparing now with his mini Bradman spell leading into now.
In the 2 years before Bazball he averaged 52, in the 2 years since he's averaged 53.

That mini Bradman spell was basically 2021 when he averaged 66. In the 6 months before Stokes took over he was averaging 35. So you could argue that Stokes has stopped the rot that was threatening to set in and got him back on an even keel, just with a different way of doing it.

I don't argue that at times he should back his technique a bit more because frankly he's about the best English player of spin I've ever seen. But to say that the numbers don't back his current way of doing things is wrong.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
they are weak

saw them get owned by frail old grannies in trains for not giving them a seat a few times
Anti eshay propaganda made by big pharma. If a real adlay catches you without skuxness he will they'll have you sweating like drake driving by a middle school.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
English fans seem happy enough with one of their greats getting out the way he regularly does these days so who are we to complain. May it continue through this tour.

Gob

International Coach
Most of Root's success under Stokes/ McCullum regime took place before the whole bazball thing formulated no? He was scoring runs at a good clip but certainly not trying to paddle scoop/ reverse sweep ****. I mean his attempt at reverse scooping Cummins from the very first ball of day 4 at the Edgbaston test when England were basically 30 for 2 was ****ing stupid in every form and shape. It missed by an inch but god I wish it hit the stumps for the sheer furore

Edit- yeah checked. Averaging 46 since 2022 English summer while striking at 70 plus. Very good still but can be better

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Most of Root's success under Stokes/ McCullum regime took place before the whole bazball thing formulated no?
No idea when the term bazball was introduced but this brand of cricket started right from the start of Stokes/BMacs tenure.

Shady Slim

International Coach
queenslanders when they see more than one young coloured bloke congregating at a given place:
When I was in Sydney recently it felt like I was walking around beenleigh train station, had to maintain a constant aura of skuxness and keep my wits about me, or face the wrath of teenagers draped in adidas, stabbing me to claim their ownership of my air jordan's.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
In fact I'm reasonably sure James Anderson opened the bowling in Stokes first test in charge V's NZ at Lords with 5 slips in place!! McStokes were on the attack from the get go there was never any pre bazball faze to their time in charge.