• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Shri

Mr. Glass
so if anderson gets to 700 test wickets tomorrow and if eng lose, does he play the 5th test or is he getting rested in a dead rubber?

Ashwinashwath

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ashwin grabs his 35th 5 for in style. India with a glimmer of hope after conceeding a near 50 runs lead. 40 for no loss is a start that gives 20% chance. But England is in the driver seat as wickets can tumble in this pitch with spinners having a go right through and close in fielders kept in a spider web trap setup. 192 is easily like 350+ to chase in a flat track. England should have picked a wicket though in those 8 overs, if that glimmer of hope even seems as such.

Ashwinashwath

School Boy/Girl Captain
I want Rohit Sharma to play Drazball (Dravid's Brandon Mcmillan nemesis) and be the wall on defence and latch out at bad balls. Tomorrow is a day when Virat Kohli will be missed.

Last edited:

LJMJ

U19 12th Man
Still wondering how England let Jurel and Kuldeep bat that long. That's the match right there. What should've been an easy 100+ run lead got reduced to 43 and felt like England never mentally recovered from that. Their 2nd innings batting was a farce. Would take a major choke from India to lose this now.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Still wondering how England let Jurel and Kuldeep bat that long. That's the match right there. What should've been an easy 100+ run lead got reduced to 43 and felt like England never mentally recovered from that. Their 2nd innings batting was a farce. Would take a major choke from India to lose this now.
Mirror image of England scoring 353 from 112-5 . These things happen in Test cricket .

R!TTER

First Class Debutant
This pitch is probably at its deadliest when the ball is relatively hard but gripping, I don't recall where each of the collapses or mini collapses in 3 innings happened but excluding the first session I'd guesstimate around 20/30 - 50/60 so roughly 30-40 overs where the ball does a lot also depending on how the bowler is bowling! If they pitch it in the right areas it's turning square & also keeping low - that over by Jadeja to Stokes where he survived twice had two balls that turned big but also a few that turned & kept low - that's the hardest to play.

R!TTER

First Class Debutant
For India first innings> (Shubman Gill, 24.1 ov), 3-112 (Rajat Patidar, 34.3 ov), 4-130 (Ravindra Jadeja, 36.5 ov), 5-161 (Yashasvi Jaiswal, 46.4 ov), 6-171 (Sarfaraz Khan, 51.3 ov), 7-177 (Ravichandran Ashwin, 55.2)

For Eng second innings> (Zak Crawley, 28.1 ov), 5-120 (Ben Stokes, 32.3 ov), 6-120 (Jonny Bairstow, 33.1 ov), 7-133 (Tom Hartley, 40.3 ov), 8-133 (Ollie Robinson, 40.6 ov), 9-145 (Ben Foakes, 53.2 ov)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Tbf he was picked for a reason
The reason being he turns it a lot but is inaccurate so on minefields he can run through a side.
Lets be real here. If you dont fancy yourself against THIS Indian side, you should never be playing international cricket. Its what I said last test too. Our batting is being held up by a couple of guys but overall, if your second best bat is a guy playing his second test and we keep carrying passengers like Mukesh in that 2nd test and Pattidar here, it is gonna come back to bite us.

England should win easily here.
yeah if you can’t beat the hardest to beat side at home, you shouldn’t play international cricket.

So there’s no international cricket.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
W.r.t the number 4 position, I wonder if selectors have informed Pujara that his international days are done. Guy's slogging away on the circuit hoping for a recall while we've been carrying a 30 year-old turkey in a live series. Even as a band-aid, surely he would've contributed more, just by sheer experience and stickiness.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Series was decided yesterday, you'd think. 4-1 reads way way worse than a 3-2. But it has been a very entertaining series, and while not 3-2 close, it has definitely felt much closer than 4-1.

Sorry, should also clarify - I.m assuming that a loss here will suck the life out of England and guaranteeing a limp effort in test 5.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
so if anderson gets to 700 test wickets tomorrow and if eng lose, does he play the 5th test or is he getting rested in a dead rubber?
That's completely academic if he doesn't get a bowl, or at least to have a go with a reasonably new ball. I think the start of India's second innings was the passage of play that had me grumpiest today. Obviously our batting wasn't great, but the ball did seem to be doing lots, so I was more forgiving of that. But even allowing for the success of the Indian spinners, do we really think that Rohit and Jaiswal were more worried about facing Root than Anderson? Just odd. And I think we've seen before in this series that Hartley struggles to control the new ball anyway.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Why do the BBC still employ this racist clown.

I'm not claiming anyone is cheating while claiming they are cheating. Is what I'd expect from someone that pretty much prescribes to I can't be racist because I have friends that aren't white.

The same reason gnske is still allowed on this board I would say. Because free speech and we shouldn't cancel someone just for being a **** head.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why do the BBC still employ this racist clown.

I'm not claiming anyone is cheating while claiming they are cheating. Is what I'd expect from someone that pretty much prescribes to I can't be racist because I have friends that aren't white.

And when we review the cameras in the trucks to see if there is cheating going on and they come up with two reds and an umpires call, where do we go from there?

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
That's a good question. Also if he gets 700 it will be a fantastic cope for the team and the whole English media and cheer squad, and all their headlines.