• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Furball my friend you have one test for England to eek out a win, otherwise your avatar is mine.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure I qualify as someone with cricket knowledge, but I think there are a few definite issues with him when the ball moves, especially in the air. It's not just the England tour I base this on. I thought the same as you after that NZ tour that he'd ironed out that defect, but then he played Mathews' outswinger really badly in Sri Lanka a couple of times on helpful decks. Kept fishing for it on fifth stump with an angled bat. It's tough to say how much he's improved on that and there's really no way to tell for sure unless he gets to bat in those conditions again.
I think he worked well on that issue with slashing and flashing outside off around 5th stump line. He is leaving those now. My bet is that we might see him getting out in that fashion sometimes but these things happen to every batsman.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
No way voges gets back in but yes technically he wasn't dropped
He was technically dropped as soon as they named an unchanged twelve for the first Test against Pakistan.

Realistically he was getting dropped anyway though, regardless of injury.

indiaholic

International Captain
Don't think slashing and flashing was the issue.. He would play at balls he didn't need to play, would have his bat open towards cover while defending and couldn't do that thing that Dravid used to do where he would allow the bat to go limp so the ball died down before reaching the slips.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He was technically dropped as soon as they named an unchanged twelve for the first Test against Pakistan.

Realistically he was getting dropped anyway though, regardless of injury.
Ah. Didn't know about this. So he's toast unless Maddinson ****s up memorably.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
It was obvious England were going to lose this series badly. Surprised there are people talking about it as one of Cook's lowest ever moments and saying he should resign.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ah. Didn't know about this. So he's toast unless Maddinson ****s up memorably.
Still Shaun Marsh to come back from injury too, and even beyond that I think they'd pick another young bat ahead of him. I'd be pretty surprised if he ever played another Test.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
This weeks friendly reminder that Vampire James has an away average of 33.4 and will probably retire with it even higher.

It makes sense for him to know a lot about conditions hiding one's flaws. ;)
Haha this post is utterly laughable.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Jeez that's a slimy cheap shot from Anderson, couldn't agree more, such sour grapes & poor sportsmanship.

Especially from a bowler who averages 25 at home and 35 away. Just seems really disingenuous given it's obvious that Kohli is one of the best 3 Test bats going around, & it's just a matter of time before he scores runs in England.

Does anyone with any cricket knowledge really question his technique not being good enough to succeed in England, given what he's done in both New Zealand and Australia in his last tours here. NZ in particular were green tracks.
How exactly do green tracks produce a 0-0 series?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They're playing just 3 ODIs and 3 T20Is? Fairly pointless exercise, could have played 5 ODIs. Wish they'd just scrap T20Is. They can select players for the T20 WCs based on performances in the T20 leagues anyway.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
This weeks friendly reminder that Vampire James has an away average of 33.4 and will probably retire with it even higher.

It makes sense for him to know a lot about conditions hiding one's flaws. ;)
Jesus, when teja is going this low what hope is there for everyone else?

Sort this out Jono

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
SMarsh would come in for Renshaw though, right?
Depends a bit I think; Marsh isn't really an opener. I think they'd sooner play both than play Voges again, and Maddinson and Renshaw are probably competing for one spot to some extent at the moment.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Depends a bit I think; Marsh isn't really an opener. I think they'd sooner play both than play Voges again, and Maddinson and Renshaw are probably competing for one spot to some extent at the moment.
It wouldn't happen in this scenario, but the image of Warner opening with Maddinson in Test cricket is simultaneously hilarious and terrifying

1. Warner
2. Maddinson
3. Khawaja
4. Smith
5. Marsh, S
6. Handscomb +
7. Faulkner
8. O'Keefe
9. Starc
10. Hazlewood
11. Lyon

I kinda want to see this happen now.