• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Bijed

International Regular
So........, flying in Ian Ronald Bell is the only logical option!

.....Ducks for cover......
Tbh, whilst there are others I'd rather see he'd be a step up from what we've got atm (Buttler's hypothetical performance notwithstanding)

Woodster

International Captain
Ansari is more of a batsman than bowler, tbf.
Absolutely, I get that, and having seen him bowl it doesn't come as any great surprise that batting is his stronger suit. Would be a poor reflection on firstly our selection committee if we have to make such a bizarre move and secondly on the batting in this country if he was to bat there, although that would be more to do with the first point.

Bijed

International Regular
I gather flying out somebody like Hildreth isn't an option, it just doesn't seem like a good idea keeping either Duckett or Balance on the tour with Duckett looking so poor, and Balance not sorting his problems out, and we can't really bring in a player who's played no red ball cricket in 12 months, unless he's looking supreme in the nets, but I'd still be cautious.
I don't know if you were picking names at semi-random of if he's actually in contention (first I've heard of it if so), but now you've said that I so, so want it to happen.

Motorwada

Banned
Bhuvneshwar Kumar, the scourge of England returns.

Rahul
VJ
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Ashwin
Saha
Jadeja
J Yadav
Bhuvi
Shami

Really long batting lineup plus Bhuvi > U. Yadav

viriya

International Captain
I like the buttler for duckett move.. hope England just sticks with buttler for a good 1-2 years because he obviously has the talent imo.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Compton's over there doing analysis for Cricinfo. Pull him out to create the world's most turgid top order, IMO:

1. Cook
2. Hameed
3. Compton
4. Ansari

2/100 at the end of Day 1 on the cards.