• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Red Wingz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Cricbuzz commentary

Great bowling by the Indian bowlers. At last, England gets the taste of a typical 5th day Indian wicket. Also will be wondering how Indians chased down 387 at Chennai on a wicket which was doing more than what Vizag is doing.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nasser's gone on non stop about Kohli's poor captaincy moments. He wants so badly to rip him to shreds but he's always scared to do it and adds a disclaimer. Smart man tbf.

flibbertyjibber

Nasser's gone on non stop about Kohli's poor captaincy moments. He wants so badly to rip him to shreds but he's always scared to do it and adds a disclaimer. Smart man tbf.
I guess the Kohli captaincy might be a number of things, he remembers what certain players have done against India in the past so goes defensive against them a bit quick, may not have total faith in certain bowlers and also might just be giving the bowlers the field they want anyway. Guess we won't know till the book comes out and he puts his thoughts from each series down in print.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What's also pissing off is when criticizing the field placements or bowling changes, Gavaskar and Co. go along the lines of "An attacking captain would have ...."

No, mother****ers! A good captain with a good strategy would have.... does't have anything to do with attacking or not.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Yuck.
I've only seen cricinfo's descriptions of the wickets, but Duckett's looks horrible again. Have we ever had a worse top order batsman out here? I can't remember one.

I suppose the only consolidation is we have a weird history of coming back well in India after a massive walloping early in the series. But it's hard to see it happening given the weaknesses in this side.

Daemon

Man watching Duckett walk off was heartbreaking. He knew it was likely his last chance on the tour.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
What an idiot Kohli is, continually keeps dropping catches at that position. Hope Root doesn't inflate his average too much. Unlikely to as he is generally only prolific in England but should never give chances. Stupid Kohli.
Come on mate, there is that but if Root got a score here, it would be scoring in very tough conditions, totally worth whatever his average ends up being. This 28 here is better than some of his 100s I would dare say.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yuck.
I've only seen cricinfo's descriptions of the wickets, but Duckett's looks horrible again. Have we ever had a worse top order batsman out here? I can't remember one.

I suppose the only consolidation is we have a weird history of coming back well in India after a massive walloping early in the series. But it's hard to see it happening given the weaknesses in this side.
Vince belongs in the argument.

I don't think it's that hard to see it happening. We weren't far off winning the first Test, and that was without Anderson. Bring Woakes in for Ansari (and probably replace Duckett too) and the side looks much stronger.

Dan_M_Bali

U19 Debutant
Cricbuzz commentary

Great bowling by the Indian bowlers. At last, England gets the taste of a typical 5th day Indian wicket. Also will be wondering how Indians chased down 387 at Chennai on a wicket which was doing more than what Vizag is doing.
Some of the worst captaining and bowling to Sehwag I've ever seen. Also, don't think they guys wanted to play for KP

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Vince belongs in the argument.

I don't think it's that hard to see it happening. We weren't far off winning the first Test, and that was without Anderson. Bring Woakes in for Ansari (and probably replace Duckett too) and the side looks much stronger.
True. And it was pretty hard seeing us come back from early losses in 2012, 2006 and 1984/85, so who knows.
Cook needs to win a few tosses though.

As for Vince, he's probably better than Duckett, but by 'out here' I literally meant in India, where Vice hasn't played, of course.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Fun stat: Root and Stokes have the same number of away centuries(Stokes has one in Aus though!)

Mate, lil advice, no need to post antagonistically here. We understand you dont rate Root, no need to bring it up everytime. I am only telling this here coz I feel you are a better poster than the few trolls who have decided to show up recently. Its ok to have an opinion that is not popular, its a lil tiresome to bring it up everytime. Sure, Root failed but others did too. Hardly a great point in your favor yet.

vcs

Hope we finish this soon so I can get some ****ing work done in the 2nd half