• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
England trying to play shots really is the best thing for India, need to get Root quickly as he isn't the type of player who feels the need to hit shots even if he's being shown up.

Dan_M_Bali

U19 Debutant
Duckett and Ansari will land at Heathrow tomorrow. They then have the option of either getting the Heathrow express or the Piccadilly line to London to do some early Christmas shopping.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On another note, think the success of this England side indicates what the 90s South African side could have achieved, had it not been for the great Aussie side of the late 90s. The strength in numbers in batting, the one or two greats around whom the team is built, utility cricketers all the way, defensive captain and mindset, hate giving away runs and loves to stay in control of the game, more likely to win through persistance than just brilliance... I feeI you need a side as great as that Aussie line up to consistently get on top of this English side. And its no wonder why INdia struggled the most at home against the similar kind of South Africa side in the late 90s at home. They don't let us play the game we want to play, either with bat or ball. I still think there is too much theory and too many cooks around this England side, esp. because I think overall, this side is actually more talented naturally than the RSA side of the 90s, but they will still be a mighty tough to beat in most conditions across the world. And right now, that is as good a way as any to be the #1.
That SA side was outrageously talented... guys like Pollock and Klusener coming in at 7 down...

But yeah, I agree with the general approach and how miserly they can be with the runs-rate conceded etc.. since they have so many bowling options available. Where they have the edge over SA is in terms of spin, Moeen and Rashid could be more than serviceable considering their fast bowling depth.

vcs

Whether Buttler is a better long-form batsman than Duckett as this stage is open to debate, but if Duckett has the same issues in this second innings that he has so far in this tour then he must be left out for the third Test. It's more to do with the way he has played and the weaknesses that have been exposed and not just because he hasn't got many runs this series. When you're getting cleaned up consistently and you look unable to be solid in defence he will continue to get exposed by Ashwin in particular. It's also being fair to Duckett to just remove him from the firing line and let him get to work on improving his skills in this area. Hopefully he does take up some time tomorrow and get some confidence and some runs, but I'm not particularly hopeful, it just seems a matter of time before Ashwin bamboozles him.
Good call.

Burgey

Jesus that's a ****ing awful decision. I know it's easy to say that with slow mo etc, but how does an international umpire give that out ffs?