• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Dhoni's stats are much better than Yuvraj's. But excluding their other skills, who is the better ODI bat, Dhoni or Yuvraj?
Dhoni comfortably. Top innings from UV but Ravi on commentary was getting a bit excited when he said UV was one of the best ODI players of all-time.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dhoni's stats are much better than Yuvraj's. But excluding their other skills, who is the better ODI bat, Dhoni or Yuvraj?
Dhoni by miles. I don't agree with Shastri that Yuvraj is quite an ATG ODI bat either, although he has been an excellent player.

OverratedSanity

Cricbuzz commentary says yuvi shed a tear after getting the hundred. Wouldn't be surprised if true, since I think it's his first one post cancer diagnosis.

Last edited:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah yuvi is certainly a high quality odi player. His record in WCS is exceptional. And his strike rate is pretty impressive considering he made his debut in 2000

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes I too believe it is Dhoni but when both of them are batting together and in full form, no one will say that. Yuvi makes batting look so easy when in form. Just that it is the reverse when he is out of form.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Dhoni by a few country miles, you'd have to say. Dhoni is arguably in the top 5 odi batsmen ever, yuvi nowhere near.
Possibly, but he'd be competing with a few good candidates for that 5th-8th spot.

Probably 6th or 7th for me after

Viv
AB
Kohli
Tendulkar
Bevan

Then anyone of Dhoni, Abbas, Amla, Hussey competing for the 6th - 7th spot. Probably Dhoni 6th.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Possibly, but he'd be competing with a few good candidates for that 5th-8th spot.

Probably 6th or 7th for me after

Viv
AB
Kohli
Tendulkar
Bevan

Then anyone of Dhoni, Abbas, Amla, Hussey competing for the 6th - 7th spot. Probably Dhoni 6th.
His 91 in the WC final pips him ahead of Abdv tbh.

Zinzan

His 91 in the WC final pips him ahead of Abdv tbh.
Only if you play that same WC final innings game with others batsmen too, only suddenly Ponting becomes arguably the greatest ever . That game can come back to bite you.

Btw, just reflecting on those players, it's still astonishes me how Zaheer Abbas scored his runs at 84 in an era that a SR of 57-62 was about par.

Zinzan

Lol Stokes has to be the most emotionally animated bowler around today. Can't question his passion... cracks me up though.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Only if you play that same WC final innings game with others batsmen too, only suddenly Ponting becomes arguably the greatest ever . That game can come back to bite you.

Btw, just reflecting on those players, it's still astonishes me how Zaheer Abbas scored his runs at 84 in an era that a SR of 57-62 was about par.
What? They both had chances at WC KO games. Ab failed, Dhoni didn't. Abdv is up there skills wise but not as someone who got **** done when it mattered.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Yuvraj is such a monster lol. Always rated him highly, definitely a guy India misses for his hitting ability in these last 2 years. Such a wide range of shots