• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah it's a bad start but 56/0 can happen in a power play, if we can stifle the run rate in the middle overs then...oh

neville cardus

International Debutant
That's the ICC.
No. By far the majority of those hits are opinion pieces. Go on and click one.

If I'm not mistaken they've also rated pitches in Eng, SA and WI as poor over the last few years. awaiting Exhibit B in anticipation :laugh:
Dileep Premachandran writes at length about the phenomenon here:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2009/aug/26/oval-ashes-pitch-india-cricket

And here's another exhibit:

Selective watering the secret to 'ugly' pitch | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Anyway, this is ****ing woeful by England.
They're returning the favour. Very sporting of them.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Make many runs in the first 40 overs, and then patiently defend against Stokes till the 2nd new ball comes.

Shri

Mr. Glass
That was an appalling call by everyone. It was a rank turner but did you watch the game or remember how the wickets fell? Because of at least one umpire error and a lot of balls that the batsmen failed to pick. Andy Flower batted better in worse pitches in his prime and even Cook(as much as I hate to admit it) and Pietersen showed people how to score on such pitches. If that test had been against England in the 2012 series, they would have won, and none of these calls would have been heard. Its this disgusting new culture that has propped up recently that preaches that SC teams should be guilty of their home victories and the morons who subscribe to that line of thought can **** off.

My last rant, ironically, just like yours, does not apply to most posters on this forum who agree with me. So we are basically two dudes screaming about two teams not involved in this test with irrelevant data, really.

neville cardus

International Debutant
That was an appalling call by everyone. It was a rank turner but did you watch the game or remember how the wickets fell?
I do, yes. I thought it was great.

Because of at least one umpire error and a lot of balls that the batsmen failed to pick. Andy Flower batted better in worse pitches in his prime and even Cook(as much as I hate to admit it) and Pietersen showed people how to score on such pitches. If that test had been against England in the 2012 series, they would have won, and none of these calls would have been heard. Its this disgusting new culture that has propped up recently that preaches that SC teams should be guilty of their home victories and the morons who subscribe to that line of thought can **** off.
That's exactly the viewpoint I'm pushing back against. I'm pleasantly surprised to find it's so foreign to this forum's contributors.

My last rant, ironically, just like yours, does not apply to most posters on this forum who agree with me. So we are basically two dudes screaming about two teams not involved in this test with irrelevant data, really.
Screaming? Come now.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Entertaining stuff, but you just know there's going to be a clatter of wickets before too long
If we've learn't anything from these 2 tests so far as that both sets of fans should should check their euphoria/pessimism.......plenty of twists and turns to come yet me thinks.